DNB Publishes Several Reporting Updates for Banks in October 2020
DNB published several reporting updates, along with an updated the list of additional data requests for banks. The updated and new data requests, which have been highlighted with the words "NEW" or "UPDATE" in red, include semi-recurring as well as ad hoc data requests to banks from DNB and European agencies.
The key reporting updates are as follows:
- DNB notified that Version 1.3 of reporting templates should be used for ECB COVID-19 reporting with reference date September 30, 2020. However, for resubmissions of reference date June 30, 2020, Version 1.2 of the reporting template is to be used. While for resubmissions of reference dates March 31, 2020 and May 30, 2020, version 1.1 of the reporting templates are to be used. In Version 1.3 of the ECB templates, the EBA part has been removed. As of reference date September 30, 2020, this EBA part should only be reported via XBRL (DPM 2:10). The frequency of this EBA template was, and will remain, monthly. The reporting deadline of this EBA template is same as the reporting deadline of the monthly ECB templates submissions.
- DNB notified that ECB has published new templates, along with the updated corresponding instructions, for the 2020 fee factors on the ECB Banking Supervision website. ECB has created two templates regarding the Total Risk Exposure (TRE) and Total Assets (TA). These templates must be submitted by November 11, 2020. The reporting obligation will be available in Digital Reporting Portal or DLR from October 30, 2020. The majority of fee debtors are not required to submit separate templates for the collection of fee factors, as ECB will reuse financial reporting (FINREP) and common reporting (COREP) supervisory data reported via national competent authorities.
- DNB released a new version of frequently asked questions (FAQs) prepared by ECB on the COVID-19 data request.
- Notification on ECB Templates for COVID-19 Reporting
- Notification on ECB Templates for Supervisory Fees
- ECB Overview on Fee Factors
- Notification on FAQs on COVID-19 Data
- Overview of Additional Data Requests
Keywords: Europe, Netherlands, Banking, Reporting, Digital Reporting Portal, COVID-19, FAQ, COREP, FINREP, XBRL, ECB, EBA, DNB
Skilled market researcher; growth strategist; successful go-to-market campaign developer
Works with financial institutions, regulatory experts, business analysts, product managers, and software engineers to drive regulatory solutions across the globe.
Scott is a Director in the Regulatory and Accounting Solutions team responsible for providing accounting expertise across solutions, products, and services offered by Moody’s Analytics in the US. He has over 15 years of experience leading auditing, consulting and accounting policy initiatives for financial institutions.
Next ArticleSRB Sets Out Work Program for 2021-2023
NGFS Updates Address Short-Term Climate Scenarios and Transition Plans
The Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) is exploring the development of short-term climate scenarios to complement its existing scenario framework of long-term climate scenarios.
ISSB Updates Address ESG Issues while IASB Consults on Impairments
The International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) is seeking feedback, until August 09, 2023, on the exposure draft that sets out the methodology proposed by ISSB to amend the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Standards' metrics
OSFI to Review Liquidity Adequacy Guidelines and Policy Architecture
The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) is consulting, until June 21, 2023, on a review of the liquidity treatment provided in the Liquidity Adequacy Requirements (LAR) Guideline for wholesale funding sources with retail-like characteristics.
ESRB Publishes Report on Cryptos and DeFi; ECB Updates on Digital Euro
The European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) published a report that outlines the systemic implications of crypto markets and proposes policy options to address the risks stemming from crypto-assets and decentralized finance or DeFi.
EU Agencies Issue Updates on DORA, ESAP, and Crowdfunding Regulation
The European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) published a discussion paper on their joint advice to the European Commission (EC) on proposals to specify criteria for critical information and communication technology (ICT) third-party service providers
ESAs Propose ESG Disclosure on STS Securitization, Issue Other Updates
The Joint Committee of the three European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) proposed to amend the Implementing Regulation 2016/1799 on the mapping of External Credit Assessment Institutions' (ECAIs) credit assessments.
UK Authorities Issue Updates, Finalize Policy on Model Risk Management
The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) finalized the model risk management principles for banks, the policy statement PS5/23 on risks from contingent leverage, and PS4/23 on moving senior managers regime forms from the PRA Rulebook.
APRA Revises Implementation Timeline for Operational Risk Standard
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) updated the implementation date of the new cross-industry prudential standard CPS 230 on operational risk management
BCBS Consults on Basel FAQs and Amendments, Issues Other Updates
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) published a report assessing implementation of the global Basel standards on net stable funding ratio (NSFR) and large exposures (LEX) in South Africa
EBA Announces Multiple Regulatory and Reporting Updates in April 2023
The European Banking Authority (EBA) published consultations on the amendments to the guidelines on risk-based anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) supervision