OSFI announced changes to the 2020 regulatory return implementation timelines for banks, in light of the recent developments. Nevertheless, the regulatory return implementations for the Standardized Institutions Risk Asset Portfolio Information (RAPID1), the IRB Credit Data Wholesale Transaction (BF), and Mortgage Loans (E2) will continue as scheduled for the first quarter of 2021. Furthermore, any return changes that were under consideration for implementation in fiscal 2021 will be deferred to fiscal 2022.
The following changes have been announced:
- Interbank and Major Exposures Return (EB/ET 2L)—Formal reporting postponed from third quarter of 2020 to the first quarter of 2021. Additionally, the test data submission scheduled for the second quarter of 2020 will be postponed to the fourth quarter of 2020.
- HELOC return (J2)—Formal reporting postponed from September 30, 2020 to March 31, 2021. Deposit-taking institutions will be expected to participate in an ad-hoc test based on September 2020 data to be submitted by November 15, 2020.
- Trading Income & GoC Securities Trading Income Return (A3)—Formal reporting postponed from the first quarter of 2021 to the first quarter of 2022. Additionally, test data will be postponed from the second quarter of 2020 to the fist quarter of 2021.
- Net Stable Funding Ratio Return (DT1)—Formal reporting postponed from the third quarter of 2020 to the first quarter of 2021 and will be subject to Late and Erroneous Filing Penalties (LEFP). Deposit-taking institutions will be expected to formally resubmit all four 2020 quarterly filings in the first quarter of 2021 without penalty.
- OSFI Update
- Standardized Institutions Risk Asset Portfolio Information
- IRB Credit Data Wholesale Transaction
- Mortgage Loans
Keywords: Americas, Canada, Banking, Reporting, Basel, Rapid1, Mortgage Loans, IRB, NSFR, Credit Risk, COVID-19, OSFI
FSB published the annual report that examines to-date progress toward implementation of climate-related disclosure recommendations of the industry-led Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
PRA launched a consultation (CP18/20) setting out proposals for the "Contractual Recognition of Bail-in" and "Stay in Resolution" Rules.
APRA is consulting on the reporting standard for credit risk management (ARS 220.0).
EC published draft of a delegated regulation amending liquidity coverage rules for covered bond issuers.
ESMA published an update to its March 2019 statement on the endorsement of credit ratings from UK.
FASB is consulting on the XBRL US Data Quality Committee (DQC) Rules Taxonomy (DQCRT) along with two technical guides.
PRA published Version 2 of the questions and answers (Q&A) on the Branch Return form.
FCA and PRA in the UK, FED in the US, and the authorities in Singapore have fined Goldman Sachs for risk management failures in connection with the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).
ISDA launched the IBOR Fallbacks Supplement and the IBOR Fallbacks Protocol, with both becoming effective on January 25, 2021.
BCBS announced that OSFI and the Bank of Canada hosted the 21st International Conference of Banking Supervisors (ICBS) virtually on October 19-22, 2020.