EIOPA published new sets of questions and answers (Q&A) on guidelines, implementing regulations, delegating regulations, directives, and risk-free rate technical information applicable to insurers in Europe.
The Q&A have been published on the following topics:
- (EU) No 2015-2011 lists of regional governments local authorities exposures
- (EU) No 2015-2450 templates for the submission of information to the supervisory authorities
- (EU) 2017-2359 information requirements and conduct of applicable business rules
- (EU) 2017-2358 product oversight and governance requirements for insurance
- (EU) 2016-97 on insurance distribution
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015-35 supplementing Directive 2009-1 and Directive 2009-138-EC
- Guidelines on the use of internal models
- Guidelines on the loss-absorbing capacity of technical provisions and deferred taxes
- Guidelines on look-through approach
- Risk-Free Interest Rate—Credit and currency adjustments, Extrapolation, Financial market data, General questions, Matching adjustment, and Volatility adjustment calculations
- Q&A on Implementing Regulations
- Q&A on Delegated Regulations
- Q&A on Guidelines
- Q&A on Directives
- Q&A on Risk-Free Rate Technical Information
Keywords: Europe, EU, Insurance, Solvency II, Q&A, Guidelines, Delegated and Implementing Regulations, Directives, Technical Information, EIOPA
BCBS amended the guidelines on sound management of risks related to money laundering and financing of terrorism (ML/FT).
US Agencies (Farm Credit Administration, FDIC, FED, FHFA, and OCC) finalized changes to the swap margin rule to facilitate implementation of prudent risk management strategies at banks and other entities with significant swap activities.
PRA published a letter that builds on the expectations set out in the supervisory statement (SS3/19) on enhancing banks' and insurers' approaches to managing the financial risks from climate change.
EBA finalized the guidelines on treatment of structural foreign-exchange (FX) positions under Article 352(2) of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).
FSB published a statement on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global benchmark transition.
IAIS published the list of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs) publicly disclosed by group-wide supervisors.
FED has temporarily revised the reporting form on consolidated financial statements for holding companies (FR Y-9C; OMB No. 7100-0128).
EC launched a consultation on the review of the key elements of Solvency II Directive, with the comment period ending on October 21, 2020.
ECB launched a consultation on the guide that sets out supervisory approach to consolidation projects in the banking sector.
IAIS published technical specifications, questionnaires, and templates for 2020 Insurance Capital Standard (ICS) and Aggregation Method data collections.