EIOPA published new sets of questions and answers (Q&A) on guidelines, implementing regulations, delegating regulations, directives, and risk-free rate technical information applicable to insurers in Europe.
The Q&A have been published on the following topics:
- (EU) No 2015-2011 lists of regional governments local authorities exposures
- (EU) No 2015-2450 templates for the submission of information to the supervisory authorities
- (EU) 2017-2359 information requirements and conduct of applicable business rules
- (EU) 2017-2358 product oversight and governance requirements for insurance
- (EU) 2016-97 on insurance distribution
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015-35 supplementing Directive 2009-1 and Directive 2009-138-EC
- Guidelines on the use of internal models
- Guidelines on the loss-absorbing capacity of technical provisions and deferred taxes
- Guidelines on look-through approach
- Risk-Free Interest Rate—Credit and currency adjustments, Extrapolation, Financial market data, General questions, Matching adjustment, and Volatility adjustment calculations
- Q&A on Implementing Regulations
- Q&A on Delegated Regulations
- Q&A on Guidelines
- Q&A on Directives
- Q&A on Risk-Free Rate Technical Information
Keywords: Europe, EU, Insurance, Solvency II, Q&A, Guidelines, Delegated and Implementing Regulations, Directives, Technical Information, EIOPA
EBA published phase 2 of the technical package on the reporting framework 2.10, providing the technical tools and specifications for implementation of EBA reporting requirements.
FASB issued a proposed Accounting Standards Update that would grant insurance companies, adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, an additional year to implement the Accounting Standards Update No. 2018-12 on targeted improvements to accounting for long-duration insurance contracts, or LDTI (Topic 944).
APRA updated the regulatory approach for loans subject to repayment deferrals amid the COVID-19 crisis.
BCBS and FSB published a report on supervisory issues associated with benchmark transition.
IAIS published a report on supervisory issues associated with benchmark transition from an insurance perspective.
ESMA updated the reporting manual on the European Single Electronic Format (ESEF).
EBA published a statement on resolution planning in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
BCBS Finalizes Revisions to Credit Valuation Adjustment Risk Framework
ECB published a guideline (2020/97), in the Official Journal of European Union, on the definition of materiality threshold for credit obligations past due for less significant institutions.
FED temporarily revised the capital assessments and stress testing reports (FR Y-14A/Q/M) to implement the changes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.