PRA published an occasional consultation paper CP18/17 proposing changes to the PRA Rulebook Parts and supervisory statements. The consultation is relevant to all PRA-authorized firms. PRA has consulted the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on the proposals in CP18/17.
CP18/17 includes proposals on the following topics:
- Conditions governing business: minor amendments (Chapter 2)
- Market risk: Capital Requirements Directive (CRD) IV amendments (Chapter 3)
- Amendments to transitional measures part to correct references (Chapter 4)
- Application requirements: Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR) and CRD amendments (Chapter 5)
- Whistleblowing in UK branches of non-European Economic Area deposit-takers (Chapter 6)
- Joint PRA and FCA form, PRA rulebook, and FCA Handbook changes: Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II), Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) and Benchmarking Regulation amendments (Chapter 7)
- Consequential amendments to Short form A (Chapter 8)
- Application of EBA Guidelines on corrections to modified duration for debt instruments (Chapter 9)
- Naming convention for life insurers when reporting data by homogenous risk group (Chapter 10)
The consultation paper also consults on an administration instrument. An administration instrument is used to make minor corrections to the PRA Rulebook provisions. In making this instrument, the PRA aims to ensure that rules are correct, presented clearly, and contain up-to-date references. The consultation closes on October 17, 2017 for the administration instrument; November 03, 2017 for Chapter 7 and Chapter 8; and January 09, 2018 for Chapters 2 to 6, 9, and 10.
Related Link: CP18/17 (PDF)
Keywords: Europe, UK, Banking, Insurance, Securities, CP18/17, MiFID II, IDD, CRD IV, CRR, FCA, PRA
Previous ArticleIFSB Releases User Guide for its Technical Note 2 on Stress Testing
EBA published a report on the implementation of selected COVID-19 policies within the prudential framework for banking sector.
BCBS published the eighteenth progress report on implementation of the Basel III regulatory framework in member jurisdictions.
BCBS amended the guidelines on sound management of risks related to money laundering and financing of terrorism (ML/FT).
US Agencies (Farm Credit Administration, FDIC, FED, FHFA, and OCC) finalized changes to the swap margin rule to facilitate implementation of prudent risk management strategies at banks and other entities with significant swap activities.
PRA published a letter that builds on the expectations set out in the supervisory statement (SS3/19) on enhancing banks' and insurers' approaches to managing the financial risks from climate change.
EBA finalized the guidelines on treatment of structural foreign-exchange (FX) positions under Article 352(2) of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).
FSB published a statement on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global benchmark transition.
IAIS published the list of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs) publicly disclosed by group-wide supervisors.
FED has temporarily revised the reporting form on consolidated financial statements for holding companies (FR Y-9C; OMB No. 7100-0128).
EC launched a consultation on the review of the key elements of Solvency II Directive, with the comment period ending on October 21, 2020.