SBIF proposed an update to the Compendium of Accounting Standards (CNC) for banks. The modifications correspond to an update of the accounting criteria, due to the various amendments to IFRS in recent years and the need to match them with the particular accounting provisions defined by SBIF. Comments are requested by March 18, 2019.
The key amendments to the CNC for banks are as follows:
- Modification of Chapter A-2 of CNC, regarding the limitations and precisions for application of IFRS.
- Updates to the presentation formats of the statements of financial position and results of the period
- Incorporation of new presentation formats for the statements of other comprehensive income and statement of changes in equity as well as the definition of financing and investment activities for the statement of cash flow
- Modification of the accounting system of the standardized financial statements and opening of new concepts in the complementary information, contained in Chapter C-3 of the CNC
- Modification of the content of certain notes of the financial statements to better comply with IFRS 7, with emphasis on the disclosures about impairment of financial assets of IFRS 9, in relation to the impairment model for placements established in Chapters B -1 to B-3 of the CNC
- Incorporation of a financial report, which must be accompanied by the interim financial statements, prepared according to the "IFRS Practice Statement - Management Commentary”
- Modification of the interest accrual suspension criterion for credits subject to group evaluation, contained in Chapter B-2 of the CNC
Related Links (in Spanish)
Comment Due Date: March 18, 2019
Keywords: Americas, Chile, Banking, Accounting, IFRS 9, IFRS, Financial Statements, CNC, SBIF
Previous ArticleOSFI Issues Advisory on Cyber Security Incident Reporting
APRA announced the standardization of quarterly reporting due dates for authorized deposit-taking institutions.
Bundesbank published a list of "EntryPoints" that are accepted in its reporting system; the list provides taxonomy version and name of the module against each EntryPoint.
The private sector working group of ECB on euro risk-free rates published the recommendations to address events that would trigger fallbacks in the Euro Interbank Offered Rate (EURIBOR)-related contracts, along with the €STR-based EURIBOR fallback rates (rates that could be used if a fallback is triggered).
EBA published the phase 1 of its reporting framework 3.1, with the technical package covering the new reporting requirements for investment firms (under the implementing technical standards on investment firms reporting).
Asia Pacific Australia Banking APS 111 Capital Adequacy Regulatory Capital Basel RBNZ APRA
ESMA published the final guidelines on outsourcing to cloud service providers.
EBA published annual data for two key concepts and indicators in the Deposit Guarantee Schemes (DGS) Directive—available financial means and covered deposits.
OSFI has set out the schedule for release of draft guidance on the management of technology risks by federally regulated financial institutions and private pension plans.
MAS updated rules for new housing loans by banks and finance companies.
HKMA published a statement on the 100% Personal Loan Guarantee Scheme and a guideline on the Green and Sustainable Finance Grant Scheme (GSF Grant Scheme) as announced in the 2021-22 Budget.