FSB published a letter that its Chair Mark Carney sent to the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors, ahead of their meeting in Buenos Aires on March 19-20. The letter sets out the priorities of FSB under the Argentine Presidency. An annex to the letter contains a table listing priority G20 deliverables, along with their expected timelines, from FSB during the Argentine G20 Presidency.
During the course of the year, the deliverables to G20 will include the following areas:
- Correspondent banking Action Plan, including improving the access of remittance providers to banking services
- A toolkit for firms and supervisors on the use governance frameworks to reduce misconduct in the financial sector
- Leverage measures for investment funds to support resilient market-based finance
- Guidance on financial resources available to support central counterparty (CCP) resolution to deliver resilient and resolvable CCPs
- Cyber security lexicon to support consistency in the work of the FSB, standard-setting bodies, authorities, and private-sector participants
- Private-sector-led Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures’ report on voluntary implementation of its recommendations to highlight good practice and foster wider adoption
Keywords: International, Securities, G20, Priorities, Financial Stability, Shadow Banking, Correspondent Banking, CCP Resolution, FSB
FDIC is seeking comments on a rule to amend the interagency guidelines for real estate lending policies—also known as the Real Estate Lending Standards.
ISDA is consulting on the implementation of fallbacks for the sterling LIBOR ICE Swap Rate and for the USD LIBOR ICE Swap Rate.
BIS and BoE launched the BIS Innovation Hub Center in London, which is the fourth new Innovation Hub Centre to be opened in the past two years.
ESRB published recommendations on the reciprocation of macro-prudential measures in Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Norway, and Sweden.
SEC announced that the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs released the Spring 2021 Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions.
EC published the Delegated Regulation 2021/931, which supplements the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR or Regulation 575/2013) with regard to the regulatory technical standards specifying the method for identifying derivative transactions with one or more than one material risk driver.
BCBS is consulting on preliminary proposals for the prudential treatment of cryptoasset exposures of banks.
EBA issued a revised list of validation rules under the implementing technical standards on supervisory reporting.
BIS Innovation Hub, BDF, and SNB announced that, together with a private-sector consortium led by Accenture, they will conduct an experiment using wholesale central bank digital currency (wCBDC) for cross-border settlement.
ESAs published two amended implementing technical standards on the mapping of credit assessments of External Credit Assessment Institutions (ECAIs).