Register for the Course
What is Loan Documentation?
Loan Documentation prepares U.S.-based lenders to thoroughly and accurately evidence business and consumer loan transactions by collecting the appropriate documentation and properly executing subordination and security agreements.
Participants also learn about documents specifically related to home equity loans and to construction loans, including payment and performance bonds, tri-party agreements, draw requests and final lien waivers.
What will you learn by taking this course?
- Identify the signers required for a loan, and the form their signatures must take
- Identify the documents required for various types of consumer, business and commercial real estate loans
- Recognize the content, purpose and effect of common loan documents, including promissory notes, borrowing resolutions, credit reports, proposal and commitment letters, and loan agreements
- Explain the concept of attaching and perfecting a security interest in collateral
- Understand common defects in loan documentation
- Evaluate the purpose and recognize the value of a lien search, title search and title insurance
With Moody's Analytics eLearning:
- You have direct access to a lending expert via our unique Email a Mentor feature.
- You can download a comprehensive Reference Guide, replete with job aids and tools that you can use on the job.
- You elevate your professional currency by completing a course from a globally recognized leader in the credit training space.