Find a Course Near You
Register for the Course
This three-day masterclass provides a comprehensive overview of Islamic finance, including the current practices of Islamic banks and the Islamic Finance industry.
Moody’s Analytics Islamic Finance Masterclass provides a comprehensive overview of Islamic Finance, including the current practices of Islamic banks and the Islamic Finance industry.
The course starts with an introduction to Islamic Finance, the historical background, and the authorities that guide Islamic finance practices. Then the masterclass explores the most commonly used funding products and how the rating agencies are looking at these structures. Practical case studies and group exercises are used throughout the masterclass to optimize practical learning.
- Define the five core principles of Islamic Finance.
- Compare and contrast Islamic and conventional finance.
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of the major Islamic Finance products to clients and other interested parties.
- Describe the concepts of "Sukuk."
- Explain the basics of the publicly available Sukuk rating methodology of our sister company, Moody's Investors Service, and how rating agencies assess the risk of different Sukuk structures.
- Analyze the risks involved in dealing with Islamic banks (risk identification, risk measurement, risk monitoring, and risk mitigation).
- Evaluate the development of risk management and governance in Islamic Finance.
- Retail, corporate, and investment banking – client-facing staff and people in support or administrative units
- Credit analysis groups