A discussion on California Markets, and the Near Term Future of CRE Finance and Property Types
During the 60-minute webinar, there will be welcoming remarks from Head of REIS, Cristina Pieretti, as well as an Economic Update from Head of Commercial Real Estate Economics, Victor Calanog PhD. Tune in to find out more on:
- The COVID-19 crisis: How do we model pandemic scenarios for the US economy, and how does this translate to US multifamily and commercial real estate?
- How bad can it get? Downside estimates for California property types and geographic markets. Which market will get hit harder, and why?
- What will a recovery look like? What will it take to restart the US economy, and how have policymakers responded to the crisis, with respect to US commercial real estate?
- Presentation Slides
- Takeaway Pack: Orange County CRE Webinar
- Research: Peak Uncertainty: The Possible Effect of COVID-19 on US Multifamily and Commercial Real Estate
Victor Calanog, Head of CRE Economics, Moody's Analytics REIS
- Cristina Pieretti, Managing Director and Head of REIS, Moody's Analytics REIS
Distress in CMBS loans continued in June and July, particularly for hotel and retail. Modifications are taking different forms, depending on property type. We discuss different drivers and speculate on what's next.
Victor Calanog from the Analytics team discusses how the US industrial property market (particularly warehouse distribution facilities and data centers) is set to further benefit post COVID-19.
Victor Calanog from the Analytics team discusses the early warning signals of loan distress and other concerns as lock-down abates.
The long-term prospects for industrial properties appear relatively strong, given how the COVID-19 crisis hastened the shift of commerce to online channels. We discuss why this is the case.
This webinar will provide expert insight and trend analysis of COVID-19 and distress in debt markets.
For this paper, Moody's Analytics collaborated with CWCapital to delve into what the situation is like for a special server such as CWCapital: What trade-offs and decisions do they have to make given the kind of relief requests they have been receiving?
Victor Calanog of Moody's Analytics discusses the potential effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19), on new construction for multifamily, and other commercial real estate property types.
Economic downturns cause delays and cancellations for new construction in multifamily and commercial real estate, as uncertainty about the timing and magnitude of future cash flows prompts market players to reassess priorities.
This paper focuses on how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect construction delays across property types, and relevant geographic markets for those types.
This paper will provide an update on multifamily and commercial real estate performance metrics for the first quarter of 2020. It will also focus on how different property types and geographic markets will evolve as a result of the current economic distress.