A discussion on California Markets, and the Near Term Future of CRE Finance and Property Types
During the 60-minute webinar, there will be welcoming remarks from Head of REIS, Cristina Pieretti, as well as an Economic Update from Head of Commercial Real Estate Economics, Victor Calanog PhD. Tune in to find out more on:
- The COVID-19 crisis: How do we model pandemic scenarios for the US economy, and how does this translate to US multifamily and commercial real estate?
- How bad can it get? Downside estimates for California property types and geographic markets. Which market will get hit harder, and why?
- What will a recovery look like? What will it take to restart the US economy, and how have policymakers responded to the crisis, with respect to US commercial real estate?
- Presentation Slides
- Takeaway Pack: Orange County CRE Webinar
- Research: Peak Uncertainty: The Possible Effect of COVID-19 on US Multifamily and Commercial Real Estate
Victor Calanog, Head of CRE Economics, Moody's Analytics REIS
- Cristina Pieretti, Managing Director and Head of REIS, Moody's Analytics REIS
In our latest release, Moody's Analytics and CWCapital analyze the current state of CRE transaction markets.
In this paper, we discuss the geography and magnitude of the coronavirus's impact on student housing and the broad commercial real estate (CRE) market.
In this paper we will discuss the economics of repurposing real estate for other uses, given the widespread structural changes that the COVID-19 crisis has prompted. We will focus on the convergence between retail and industrial, but also, given the systemic nature of this pandemic, we will touch on how the use and structure of other property types are likely to evolve as well.
Dr. Victor Calanog, Head of Commercial Real Estate Economics at Moody's Analytics REIS, discusses the latest trends in multifamily and commercial real estate performance metrics.
Moody's Analytics & Raymond James In Conversation: Aftershock: The Impact of COVID-19 on Lending in the 2nd Half of 2020 – An Update on CRE
The third in our series of updates to the webinars Moody's Analytics & Raymond James hosted in April & May on the impact of COVID-19 on the economy, mortgages, CRE and U.S. autos. This - our third webinar - will discuss COVID-19's current impact on CRE.
Distress in CMBS loans continued in June and July, particularly for hotel and retail. Modifications are taking different forms, depending on property type. We discuss different drivers and speculate on what's next.
Victor Calanog from the Analytics team discusses how the US industrial property market (particularly warehouse distribution facilities and data centers) is set to further benefit post COVID-19.
Victor Calanog from the Analytics team discusses the early warning signals of loan distress and other concerns as lock-down abates.
The long-term prospects for industrial properties appear relatively strong, given how the COVID-19 crisis hastened the shift of commerce to online channels. We discuss why this is the case.
This webinar will provide expert insight and trend analysis of COVID-19 and distress in debt markets.