In this webinar, Moody’s Analytics economists discuss Middle East’s macroeconomic outlook with particular focus on the prospects for the Emirati and Saudi economies.
While many of oil importers in the region continue to struggle, our Gulf Cooperation Council analysts expect an acceleration of both the oil and non-oil sectors in 2019. To shed light on the expected future economic developments, the following points will be addressed:
- Our expectations for the Middle East economies and the influence of the global situation on the region
- The prospects for the UAE and the impact of introducing the VAT on the economy
- A sectoral analysis of the UAE economy
- Recent developments in the Saudi economy and its near future outlook
- The economic impact of the Saudi involvement in Yemen and other political matters
- Dr. Martin Janicko is an Economist and Risk Modeler at Moody’s Analytics, focusing on the MENA region, in particular Saudi Arabia.
- Dr. Guillaume A. Khayat is an Economist with Moody’s Analytics, focusing on the MENA region, in particular Jordan.
- Gega Todua is an Economist and Risk Modeler at Moody’s Analytics, focusing on the MENA region, in particular United Arab Emirates.
Please note this webinar has now concluded. Click here to view the webinar replay and access the presentation slides.
Questions? Email: MA-Webinars@moodys.com