OSFI issued its annual update to the manual of reporting forms and instructions for deposit-taking institutions. The changes to several reporting forms and instructions were announced in a letter addressed to the Chief Financial Officers of banks and federally regulated trust and loan companies and Principal Officers of foreign bank branches.
Changes made to the following regulatory reporting forms and instructions are effective for 2020 filing:
- Mortgage Loans Report (E2) (delayed to first quarter of 2021)
- Deposit Liabilities (K4)
- Supplementary Return for Foreign Bank Branches (K3)
- Liquidity Coverage Ratio Return (LA)
- Basel Capital Adequacy Reporting, or BCAR (BA)
- Net Cumulative Cash Flow Return (OSFI600)
- Consolidated Income Statement (P3) (effective some time in 2020—New memo items to be filed as an unstructured filing)
- Large Exposure Return "unstructured - OSFI930"—New
- Net Stable Funding Ratio "unstructured—OSFI921"/"structured – DT1"—For D-SIBs only (Third Quarter of 2020)—New
- Interbank and Major Exposures Return Appendices (2A/2L)—New (2A effective December 2019/2L test data effective June 2020, formal reporting effective September 2020)
- Joint Balance Sheet (Z4)—New
- GIC Offer Sheet Return (GA-GB)—New
- Insured Residential Mortgages (RM)—Trust and Loan Companies Only—New
Changes to the NCR (credit risk data) returns (RAPCORP, BB, BC, BD, BE, BF and BG) have been postponed and will be incorporated with the proposed changes for 2021. The NCR returns include IRB Credit Data Wholesale Portfolio Part-1 (BB) and Part-2 (BC/BP), IRB Credit Data Retail Portfolio Part-1 (BD) and Part-2 (BE/BO), IRB Credit Data Wholesale Transaction (BF), and IRB Credit Data Wholesale Transaction Defaulted and Fully Resolved (BG).
Keywords: Americas, Canada, Banking, Reporting, Basel III, BCAR, LCR, NSFR, Large Exposures, OSFI
PRA published a "Dear CEO" letter from Sam Woods, its Deputy Governor and CEO, to update the March guidance on treatment of COVID-19-related payment deferrals under IFRS 9 and the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).
MAS, along with the Ministry of Finance (MOF), the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS), and the Enterprise Singapore (ESG), announced a package of measures to support those that may face cash-flow constraints.
ESMA published a consultation paper on guidelines on outsourcing to cloud service providers.
EBA announced that it will release the bank-by-bank data of the Spring 2020 EU-wide transparency exercise on Monday, June 8.
PRA issued a statement confirming that firms may use electronic signatures for submission of forms and other regulatory documents, although in specific instances PRA may request a "wet signature" where it is appropriate to do so.
EBA published the guidelines and templates for reporting and disclosure of exposures subject to measures applied in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
FCA updated its guidance confirming the support firms should give to mortgage customers that are either coming to the end of a payment holiday or are yet to request one.
US Agencies (FDIC, FED, and OCC) published an interim final rule that temporarily revises the supplementary leverage ratio calculation for depository institutions.
APRA published a frequently asked question (FAQ) providing guidance to all APRA-regulated entities in determining their requirements under the prudential standard CPS 226 on margins and risk mitigation for non-centrally cleared derivatives.
EBA published a consultation paper on the draft amended regulatory technical standards on own funds and eligible liabilities.