PRA published an occasional consultation paper CP24/18, which sets out proposed changes to certain PRA Rulebook Parts, supervisory statements, statements of policy (SoPs), and forms. The consultation closes on November 22, 2018 for Chapter 2 of CP24/18 and on January 22, 2019 for the remaining chapters of CP24/18.
CP24/18 proposed the following amendments:
- Chapter 2 proposes to amend Incoming Firms and Third Country Firms Part of the PRA Rulebook. It also proposes amendments to Branch Return Form.
- Chapter 3 sets out the PRA proposal to update a SoP with respect to the imposition and amount of financial penalties for breaches by qualifying parent undertakings of ring-fenced bodies.
- Chapter 4 proposes to update Auditors Part of the PRA rulebook. It also proposes amending supervisory statement, SS1/16, on written reports by external auditors to the PRA.
- Chapter 5 and 6 proposes minor updates to the Depositor Protection and Policyholder Protection Parts of the PRA Rulebook, respectively.
- Chapter 7 includes proposed amendments to SoP related to reporting templates for calculating risk based levies to reflect the transition of EBA to FINREP taxonomy.
Pending consideration of the responses to the consultation, the proposed implementation dates for the proposals are:
- January 01, 2019 for Chapter 2
- Audits related to periods ending on December 31, 2018 or later (the reports which would be due from April 2019) for Chapter 4
- On publication of the final policy for Chapters 3, 5, 6, and 7
Comment Due Date: November 22, 2018 (Chapter 2); January 22, 2019 (other chapters)
Keywords: Europe, UK, Banking, Branch Return Form, PRA Rulebook, SS1/16, Statement of Policy, Reporting, Ring Fencing, PRA
FSB finalized the toolkit of effective practices to assist financial institutions in their cyber incident response and recovery activities.
HKMA urged authorized institutions to take early action to adhere to the IBOR Fallbacks Protocol, which ISDA is expected to publish soon.
FSB published a global transition roadmap for London Inter-bank Offered Rate (LIBOR).
HM Treasury published a document that summarizes the responses received from a consultation on the approach of UK to transposition of the revised Bank Resolution and Recovery Directive (BRRD2).
HM Treasury published the government response to the feedback received on the consultation for updating the prudential regime of UK before the end of the Brexit transition period.
In a recent statistical notice, BoE announced publication of the reporting schedule for statistical returns for 2021.
EC welcomed the joint declaration by 25 EU member states on building the next generation of cloud in Europe.
PRA published the final policy statement PS22/20, which contains the updated supervisory statement SS12/13 on counterparty credit risk.
FSB published an update on its work to address market fragmentation. FSB is working in this area in collaboration with the other standard-setting bodies.
EBA proposed revisions to the guidelines on major incident reporting under the second Payment Service Directive (PSD2).