FED Updates FR Y-9C Form and Instructions, Proposes to Extend FR 2510
The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (FED) updated reporting form and instructions, along with the associated supplemental instructions, for the information collection on consolidated financial statements for holding companies (FR Y-9C). Additionally, FED is seeking comments on a proposal to extend for three years, without revision, the Report of Institution-to-Aggregate Granular Data on Assets and Liabilities on an Immediate Counterparty Basis (FR 2510). Comments must be submitted by December 17, 2021. FED also published a supporting statement for FR 2510.
The proposed FR 2510 would collect
- granular exposure data on the assets, liabilities, and off-balance sheet holdings of bank holding companies headquartered in the United States that are global systemically important bank holding companies (G-SIBs), providing breakdowns by instrument, currency, maturity, and sector.
- data covering the detailed positions for each respondent’s top 35 countries of exposure, broken down by instrument and counterparty sector, subject to a USD 2 billion minimum threshold for country exposure, on an immediate-counterparty basis, as reported in the consolidated Country Exposure Report (FFIEC 009).
- information on financial derivatives by instrument type and foreign exchange derivatives by currency and would support a more complete balance sheet analysis regarding common or correlated exposures and funding dependencies by providing more information about U.S. G-SIBs’ consolidated exposures and funding positions to different countries according to instrument, counterparty sector, currency, and remaining maturity.
- Reporting Form FR Y-9C (PDF)
- Reporting Instructions FR Y-9C (PDF)
- Supplemental Instructions for FR Y-9C (PDF)
- Federal Register Notice
- Supporting Statement for FR 2510 (PDF)
Comment Due Date: December 17, 2021
Keywords: Americas, US, Banking, Reporting, FR Y-9C, Regulatory Capital, Supplemental Instructions, Basel, FR 2510, G-SIB, FED
Skilled market researcher; growth strategist; successful go-to-market campaign developer
Works with financial institutions, regulatory experts, business analysts, product managers, and software engineers to drive regulatory solutions across the globe.
Applies proficiency and knowledge to regulatory capital and reporting analysis and coordinates business and product strategies in the banking technology area
OSFI Finalizes on Climate Risk Guideline, Issues Other Updates
The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) is seeking comments, until May 31, 2023, on the draft guideline on culture and behavior risk, with final guideline expected by the end of 2023.
BIS Paper Examines Impact of Greenhouse Gas Emissions on Lending
BIS issued a paper that investigates the effect of the greenhouse gas, or GHG, emissions of firms on bank loans using bank–firm matched data of Japanese listed firms from 2006 to 2018.
HMT Mulls Alignment of Ring-Fencing and Resolution Regimes for Banks
The HM Treasury (HMT) is seeking evidence, until May 07, 2023, on practicalities of aligning the ring-fencing and the banking resolution regimes for banks.
BCBS Report Examines Impact of Basel III Framework for Banks
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) published results of the Basel III monitoring exercise based on the June 30, 2022 data.
PRA Consults on Prudential Rules for "Simpler-Regime" Firms
Among the recent regulatory updates from UK authorities, a key development is the first-phase consultation, from the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), on simplifications to the prudential framework that would apply to the simpler-regime firms.
DNB Publishes Multiple Reporting Updates for Banks
DNB, the central bank of Netherlands, updated the list of additional reporting requests and published additional data quality checks and XBRL-Formula linkbase documents for the first quarter of 2023.
NBB Sets Out Climate Risk Expectations, Issues Reporting Updates
The National Bank of Belgium (NBB) published a communication on climate-related and environmental risks, issued an update on XBRL reporting
EBA Updates Address Securitization Standards and DGS Guidelines
The European Banking Authority (EBA) published the final draft of the regulatory technical standards that set out conditions for assessment of homogeneity of the underlying exposures in simple, transparent, and standardized (STS) securitizations.
FSB Publishes Letter to G20, Sets Out Work Priorities for 2023
The Financial Stability Board (FSB) published a letter intended for the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors, highlighting the work that FSB will take forward under the Indian G20 Presidency in 2023
ISSB Standards May Become Effective from January 2024
The International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) welcomed the confirmation statement by the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) setting out its progress in the development of its first sustainability-related corporate disclosure standards.