PRA published version 3.3.0 of the BoE banking XBRL taxonomy, along with the related technical artefacts, to support the collection of Capital+ and ring-fencing reporting. This version of the taxonomy, release note, data point model (DPM) dictionary, annotated templates, and validation rules covers requirements set out in the policy statement (PS16/19) on regulatory reporting with respect to EBA Taxonomy 2.9. The taxonomy update is aligned to the EBA taxonomy 2.9. In case of minor discrepancies compared to the templates in the PRA rulebook, PRA has issued a consultation and will finalize the changes, thus making the corresponding amendments to the PRA rulebook templates at a later date.
The release note highlights the following key points:
- Cosmetic changes have been made to the Capital+ and ring-fencing annotated templates to bring consistency across the BoE banking taxonomy.
- The table codes for Capital+ reporting have been amended in this update to ensure a common pattern for table codes is used across all frameworks. To align, an additional element was added to the Capital+ table codifications.
- Within taxonomy 2.9, EBA has moved to two severity statuses for validation rules: error and warning. This has been reflected in the version 3.3.0 of the banking taxonomy.
- For validations where table codes were not previously included in the scope and formula fields, the validation descriptions have been updated.
- The arithmetic approach used for validation rules within the Capital+ and ring-fencing frameworks has been indicated within the validations spreadsheet. This will be indicated for the other frameworks in due course.
- Taxonomy Version 3.3.0
- Taxonomy Release Note Version 3.3.0 (PDF)
- XBRL Taxonomy Version 3.3.0 (ZIP)
- DPM Version 3.3.0 (ZIP)
- Taxonomy Validations Version 3.3.0 (XLSX)
Keywords: Europe, UK, Banking, Reporting, DPM, Taxonomy, Version 3.3.0, Capital +, Ring Fencing, Taxonomy 2.9, PS 16/19, Validation Rules, PRA, BoE
Previous ArticleHKMA Updates FAQs on IRRBB Framework in November 2019
BCBS amended the guidelines on sound management of risks related to money laundering and financing of terrorism (ML/FT).
EBA finalized the guidelines on treatment of structural foreign-exchange (FX) positions under Article 352(2) of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).
FSB published a statement on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global benchmark transition.
IAIS published the list of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs) publicly disclosed by group-wide supervisors.
FED has temporarily revised the reporting form on consolidated financial statements for holding companies (FR Y-9C; OMB No. 7100-0128).
EC launched a consultation on the review of the key elements of Solvency II Directive, with the comment period ending on October 21, 2020.
ECB launched a consultation on the guide that sets out supervisory approach to consolidation projects in the banking sector.
PRA published a letter that builds on the expectations set out in the supervisory statement (SS3/19) on enhancing banks' and insurers' approaches to managing the financial risks from climate change.
US Agencies (Farm Credit Administration, FDIC, FED, FHFA, and OCC) finalized changes to the swap margin rule to facilitate implementation of prudent risk management strategies at banks and other entities with significant swap activities.
IAIS published technical specifications, questionnaires, and templates for 2020 Insurance Capital Standard (ICS) and Aggregation Method data collections.