ECB published Release 4.2 of the Banks' Integrated Reporting Dictionary (BIRD) Database. The BIRD Database Release 4.2 includes updates on transformations for the asset encumbrance framework, error corrections, and certain improvements to the previous release.
The BIRD Release 4.2 incorporates the following reporting requirements:
- EBA implementing technical standards on data requirements for resolution planning, implementing the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) and the Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation (SRMR)
- EBA technical standards on asset encumbrance data requirements under Article 100 of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR)
- EBA technical standards on FINREP requirements (updated to version 2.8), implementing the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV) and CRR
- Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of ECB on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions (AnaCredit Regulation)
- Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384, concerning statistics on holdings of securities (SHS)
This release includes a full update of the validation and transformation language (VTL) used for transformations that is described in VTL 2.0, which was released by the Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange (SDMX) community in July 2018. This release also contains the complete methodology for describing various datasets of the different layers (such as the Input Layer and Output Layer) of BIRD.
Keywords: Europe, EU, Banking, Reporting, Asset Encumbrance, FINREP, AnaCredit, SHS, SRMR, Statistics, BIRD, BRRD, CRR/CRD, BIRD Release 4.2, ECB
MAS and Temasek jointly released a report to mark the successful conclusion of the fifth and final phase of Project Ubin, which focused on building a blockchain-based multi-currency payments network prototype.
PRA published a public working draft, or PWD, of version 1.2.0 of the BoE Insurance XBRL taxonomy, along with the related technical artefacts.
CPMI published a report that sets out nineteen building blocks for a global roadmap to improve cross-border payments.
EBA published phase 2 of the technical package on the reporting framework 2.10, providing the technical tools and specifications for implementation of EBA reporting requirements.
APRA updated the lists of the Direct to APRA (D2A) validation rules for authorized deposit-taking institutions, insurers, and superannuation entities.
PRA updated the statement that provides guidance to regulated firms on implementation of the EBA guidelines on reporting and disclosure of exposures subject to measures applied in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
EBA updated the 2019 list of closely correlated currencies that was originally published in December 2013.
ESMA published the final report on the guidelines on securitization repository data completeness and consistency thresholds.
FASB issued a proposed Accounting Standards Update that would grant insurance companies, adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, an additional year to implement the Accounting Standards Update No. 2018-12 on targeted improvements to accounting for long-duration insurance contracts, or LDTI (Topic 944).
APRA updated the regulatory approach for loans subject to repayment deferrals amid the COVID-19 crisis.