PRA issued the policy statement PS21/18, which provides feedback to responses to the consultation paper CP11/18. CP11/18 had proposed changes to the file type and reporting format for a number of insurance reporting submissions, to align with Solvency II Quantitative Reporting Templates and international data standards. The consultation ran from April to June 2018.
PS21/18 contains the final policy of PRA, which is as follows:
- Amendments to the Reporting Part of the PRA Rulebook (Appendix 1). This instrument comes into force on December 31, 2018.
- Updated supervisory statement SS25/15 titled “Solvency II: regulatory reporting, internal model outputs” (Appendix 2). SS25/15 was updated to amend paragraph 2.1 to reflect that firms are expected to make submissions in XBRL format via the BoE’s Electronic Data Submission (BEEDS) portal. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
- Updated SS26/15 titled “Solvency II: ORSA and the ultimate time horizon – non-life firms” (Appendix 3). SS26/15 was updated to amend paragraph 1.7 (e) to reflect that firms are expected to submit information in XBRL format via BEEDS portal. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
- Updated SS7/17 on data collection of market risk sensitivities under Solvency II (Appendix 4). SS7/17 was updated to amend paragraph 4.3 to reflect that firms are expected to submit in XBRL format via BEEDS portal. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
- Updated SS15/16 related to monitoring model drift and standard formula solvency capital requirement (SCR) reporting for firms with an approved internal model (Appendix 5). SS15/16 was updated to amend paragraph 3.6 to reflect that PRA requests the information to be submitted fully in XBRL. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
PRA had received one response to CP11/18. The feedback was generally supportive of the changes proposed, although it noted that firms should have sufficient time to update their software capabilities to enable submission via XBRL format.
Effective Date: December 31, 2018
Keywords: Europe, UK, Insurance, Solvency II, Reporting, PS21/18, BEEDS, PRA
Previous ArticleEBA Single Rulebook Q&A: First Update for July 2018
BoE published a statistical notice (Notice 2020/9) explaining the approach for treatment of payment holidays on the profit and loss return or Form PL.
BoE updated the known issues document for the statistical reporting Forms AS and FV.
FED announced individual capital requirements for 34 large banks and these requirements go into effect on October 01, 2020.
SRB published a set of documents to give operational guidance to banks on implementation of the bail-in tool.
BIS published an update on the G20 TechSprint Initiative, which was launched in April 2020 and aims to highlight the potential for technologies to resolve regulatory compliance (regtech) and supervisory (suptech) challenges.
OSFI published a letter that provides an update on the milestones for the implementation of the IFRS 17 standard on insurance contracts.
EBA updated the report on the implementation of selected COVID-19 policies.
The Financial Stability Institute (FSI) of BIS published a brief note that examines the supervisory challenges associated with certain temporary regulatory relief measures introduced by BCBS and prudential authorities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
BCBS is consulting on the principles for operational resilience and the revisions to the principles for sound management of operational risk for banks.
BoE updated the reporting template for Form ER as well as the Form ER definitions, which contain guidance on the methodology to be used in calculating annualized interest rates.