ECB published Release 5.0 of the Banks' Integrated Reporting Dictionary (BIRD) Database and the related technical guidelines. This release includes the updated version of the input layer that is needed for COREP credit risk, FINREP nonperforming loans, and securitization. A new release to be published in 2020 will include the validation and transformation language (VTL) related to these frameworks.
The BIRD Release 5.0 incorporates the following reporting requirements:
- EBA implementing technical standards on data requirements for resolution planning, implementing the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) and the Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation (SRMR)
- EBA technical standards on asset encumbrance data requirements under Article 100 of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR)
- EBA technical standards on FINREP requirements (updated to version 2.8), implementing the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV) and CRR
- Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of ECB on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions (AnaCredit Regulation)
- Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384, concerning statistics on holdings of securities (SHS)
Keywords: Europe, EU, Banking, Reporting, FINREP, AnaCredit, SHS, SRMR, Statistics, BIRD, BRRD, CRR/CRD, BIRD Release 5.0, COREP, Credit Risk, NPLs, Securitization, ECB
FED finalized a rule that updates capital planning requirements to reflect the new framework from 2019 that sorts large banks into categories, with requirements that are tailored to the risks of each category.
ECB published results of the quarterly lending survey conducted on 143 banks in the euro area.
ESAs published the final draft implementing technical standards on reporting of intra-group transactions and risk concentration of financial conglomerates subject to the supplementary supervision in EU.
EBA published the annual report on asset encumbrance of banks in EU.
MAS revised the guidelines that address technology and cyber risks of financial institutions, in an environment of growing use of cloud technologies, application programming interfaces, and rapid software development.
FED updated the reporting form and instructions for the FR Y-9C report on consolidated financial statements for holding companies.
EBA issued a consultation paper on the guidelines on monitoring of the threshold and other procedural aspects of the establishment of intermediate EU parent undertakings, or IPUs, as laid down in the Capital Requirements Directive.
EC published Regulation 2021/25 that addresses amendments related to the financial reporting consequences of replacement of the existing interest rate benchmarks with alternative reference rates.
BIS published a bulletin, or a note, that examines the cyber threat landscape in the context of the pandemic and discusses policies to reduce risks to financial stability.
HM Treasury, also known as HMT, has updated the table containing the list of the equivalence decisions that came into effect in UK at the end of the transition period of its withdrawal from EU.