BoE Updates Statistical Reporting Guidance
The Bank of England (BoE) published updates to the statistical reporting guidance related to the Bank of England Electronic Data Submission (BEEDS) portal and announced plans to hold a pre-onboarding session on May 03, 2022.
The details of updated statistical reporting guidance are as follows:
- Known issues log has been updated, including an update to the rule FV_v0044 that will be amended in a hotfix release.
- BoE Statistics XBRL Filing Manual has been updated to include a section "Interpreting common error messages from the BEEDS portal.” This update will help a firm understand which error messages require referral to their information technology department or software vendor and which ones are as a result of the data entered.
- Entry Point Mapping Spreadsheet has been modified to include historic entry points as well as updates.
- The BEEDS portal user guide has been updated with information for the Leverage Ratio collection.
- The BEEDS webpage has been updated with an "Updates" section, as part of which latest news and common queries are being addressed.
- Statistical Notice 2022/07
- Statistical Notice 2022/08
- Known Issues (XLSX)
- XBRL Filing Manual (PDF)
- Interpreting BEEDS Portal Error Messages (PDF)
- Entry Point Mapping (XLSX)
- BEEDS Portal User Guide (PDF)
- BoE Statistics Mappings (ZIP)
Keywords: Europe, UK, Banking, Data Collection, Reporting, Statistical Reporting, Statistical Notice, Taxonomy, BEEDS, BoE
Skilled life insurance actuary; subject matter expert on IFRS 17 and source of earnings
ESG and climate expert for P&C insurance; IFRS 17 specialist and chartered accountant; extensive experience in both life and non-life insurance, with focus on capital management, financial performance, and financial reporting.
Previous ArticleOSFI Proposes Third-Party Risk Guideline and Publishes Risk Outlook
CFPB Finalizes Rule on Small Business Lending Data Collection
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published a final rule that sets out data collection requirements on small business lending, under section 1071 of the Dodd-Frank Act.
BCBS to Consult on Pillar 3 Climate Risk Disclosures by End of 2023
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) published a summary of the recent Basel Committee (BCBS) meetings.
FINMA Approves Merger of Credit Suisse and UBS
The Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) has approved the takeover of Credit Suisse by UBS.
BOE Sets Out Its Thinking on Regulatory Capital and Climate Risks
The Bank of England (BOE) published a working paper that aims to understand the climate-related disclosures of UK financial institutions.
US Congress Report Examines Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Regulations
The U.S. Congressional Research Service published a report on banking, data privacy, and cybersecurity regulation.
OSFI Finalizes on Climate Risk Guideline, Issues Other Updates
The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) is seeking comments, until May 31, 2023, on the draft guideline on culture and behavior risk, with final guideline expected by the end of 2023.
EU to Conduct One-Off Scenario Analysis to Assess Transition Risk
The European authorities recently made multiple announcements that impact the banking sector.
APRA Assesses Macro-Prudential Policy Settings, Issues Other Updates
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) published an information paper that assesses its macro-prudential policy settings aimed at promoting stability at a systemic level.
BIS Paper Examines Impact of Greenhouse Gas Emissions on Lending
BIS issued a paper that investigates the effect of the greenhouse gas, or GHG, emissions of firms on bank loans using bank–firm matched data of Japanese listed firms from 2006 to 2018.
HMT Mulls Alignment of Ring-Fencing and Resolution Regimes for Banks
The HM Treasury (HMT) is seeking evidence, until May 07, 2023, on practicalities of aligning the ring-fencing and the banking resolution regimes for banks.