ECB published Release 4.2 of the Banks' Integrated Reporting Dictionary (BIRD) Database. The BIRD Database Release 4.2 includes updates on transformations for the asset encumbrance framework, error corrections, and certain improvements to the previous release.
The BIRD Release 4.2 incorporates the following reporting requirements:
- EBA implementing technical standards on data requirements for resolution planning, implementing the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) and the Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation (SRMR)
- EBA technical standards on asset encumbrance data requirements under Article 100 of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR)
- EBA technical standards on FINREP requirements (updated to version 2.8), implementing the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV) and CRR
- Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of ECB on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions (AnaCredit Regulation)
- Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384, concerning statistics on holdings of securities (SHS)
This release includes a full update of the validation and transformation language (VTL) used for transformations that is described in VTL 2.0, which was released by the Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange (SDMX) community in July 2018. This release also contains the complete methodology for describing various datasets of the different layers (such as the Input Layer and Output Layer) of BIRD.
Keywords: Europe, EU, Banking, Reporting, Asset Encumbrance, FINREP, AnaCredit, SHS, SRMR, Statistics, BIRD, BRRD, CRR/CRD, BIRD Release 4.2, ECB
EBA published phase 2 of the technical package on the reporting framework 2.10, providing the technical tools and specifications for implementation of EBA reporting requirements.
FASB issued a proposed Accounting Standards Update that would grant insurance companies, adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, an additional year to implement the Accounting Standards Update No. 2018-12 on targeted improvements to accounting for long-duration insurance contracts, or LDTI (Topic 944).
APRA updated the regulatory approach for loans subject to repayment deferrals amid the COVID-19 crisis.
BCBS and FSB published a report on supervisory issues associated with benchmark transition.
IAIS published a report on supervisory issues associated with benchmark transition from an insurance perspective.
ESMA updated the reporting manual on the European Single Electronic Format (ESEF).
EBA published a statement on resolution planning in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
BCBS Finalizes Revisions to Credit Valuation Adjustment Risk Framework
ECB published a guideline (2020/97), in the Official Journal of European Union, on the definition of materiality threshold for credit obligations past due for less significant institutions.
FED temporarily revised the capital assessments and stress testing reports (FR Y-14A/Q/M) to implement the changes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.