CBIRC published measures and questions and answers (Q&A) on measures for evaluation of directors and supervisors of banking and insurance institutions, with these measures coming into effect on July 01, 2021. CBIRC also published the regulatory and legislative workplan for 2021, wherein the regulator plans to formulate or revise 19 rules and regulations.
According to the workplan for 2021, CBIRC intends to either formulate or revise the following rules and regulations:
- Interim measures for the administration of fixed assets loans, interim measures for the administration of working capital loans, and interim measures for the administration of personal loans (revision)
- Administrative measures for the custody business of commercial banks
- Administrative measures for internal control of wealth management companies
- Interim provisions on the management of insurance asset management companies (revision)
- Insurance sales management measures
- Administrative measures for banking and insurance supervision statistics
- Administrative measures for consumer suitability of banking and insurance institutions
- Regulations on the regulatory responsibilities of dispatched institutions of CBIRC
- Decision of CBIRC on amending some administrative licensing rules (revision)
- Implementation measures for administrative licensing matters of policy financial institutions
- Measures for the capital management of financial asset investment companies (for trial implementation)
- Interim measures for the administration of online small loan companies
- Measures for the supervision and administration of small loan companies
- Interim measures for the supervision and administration of local asset management companies
- Measures for the supervision and management of pawn shops
- Administrative measures for enterprise group finance companies
- Administrative measures for auto finance companies (revision)
- Administrative measures for the protection of consumer rights and interests of banking and insurance institutions
- Commercial bank service price management measures (revision)
Effective Date: July 01, 2021
Keywords: Asia Pacific, China, Banking, Insurance, Q&A, Governance, Workplan, Strategic Priorities, CBIRC
Previous ArticleESRB Supports Extension of Macro-Prudential Measure by NBB
ECB published Guideline 2021/975, which amends Guideline ECB/2014/31, on the additional temporary measures relating to Eurosystem refinancing operations and eligibility of collateral.
EIOPA published a report, from the Consultative Expert Group on Digital Ethics, that sets out artificial intelligence governance principles for an ethical and trustworthy artificial intelligence in the insurance sector in EU.
HKMA published the seventh and final issue of the Regtech Watch series, which outlines the three-year roadmap of HKMA to integrate supervisory technology, or suptech, into its processes.
EC launched a targeted consultation to improve transparency and efficiency in the secondary markets for nonperforming loans (NPLs).
BIS, Danmarks Nationalbank, Central Bank of Iceland, Norges Bank, and Sveriges Riksbank launched an Innovation Hub in Stockholm, making this the fifth BIS Innovation Hub Center to be opened in the past two years.
FDITECH, the technology lab of FDIC, announced a tech sprint that is designed to explore new technologies and techniques that would help expand the capabilities of community banks to meet the needs of unbanked individuals and households.
EC released the EU Taxonomy Compass, which visually represents the contents of the EU Taxonomy starting with the EU Taxonomy Climate Delegated Act.
FDIC is seeking comments on a rule to amend the interagency guidelines for real estate lending policies—also known as the Real Estate Lending Standards.
EIOPA published its annual report, which sets out the work done in 2020 and indicates the planned work areas for the coming months.
The ESRB paper that presents an analytical framework that assesses and quantifies the potential impact of a bank failure on the real economy through the lending function.