IFRS Foundation published its annual report and audited financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2018. The report details the performance during the year, along with priorities of IFRS for 2019 and beyond.
The report details the key priorities for 2019, including the following:
- To publish an exposure draft on proposed amendments to IFRS 17 on insurance contracts and continue supporting implementation of IFRS 17
- To issue amendments to IFRS 9 on financial instruments and IAS 39 on recognition and measurement of financial instruments in response to IBOR reform
- To commence outreach on the core model in the dynamic risk management project
- To use online and other platforms to deliver educational materials on IFRS standards and the IFRS taxonomy
- To maintain an effective IFRS Interpretations Committee
The key achievements in 2018 include the following:
- Issued the revised conceptual framework for financial reporting
- Made progress on the better communication in financial reporting projects—Primary Financial Statements, Disclosure Initiative, and the IFRS Taxonomy
- Added a project on interbank offered rate (IBOR) reform to the work plan
- Published an update to the IFRS taxonomy on IFRS 17 on insurance contracts
- Published an updated guide for preparers on using the IFRS taxonomy
Keywords: International, Accounting, Banking, Insurance, IFRS 9, IFRS 17, Annual Report, IBOR, IFRS Taxonomy, Insurance Contracts, Financial Instruments, IASB, IFRS
HKMA has published a circular that sets out the regulatory and reporting treatment for loans that participating authorized institutions may grant to eligible borrowers under the 100% Personal Loan Guarantee Scheme.
ECB published the results of the assessment of internal models that banks use to calculate risk-weighted assets for credit, market, and counterparty credit risks.
PRA published a statement on the regulatory treatment of retail residential mortgage loans under the Mortgage Guarantee Scheme, or MGS.
FCA is consulting, via CP21/7, on the second phase of proposed rules to introduce the UK Investment Firm Prudential Regime (IFPR).
HM Treasury and BoE announced the joint creation of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) Taskforce to coordinate the exploration of a potential central bank digital currency in UK.
EIOPA published an opinion to set out its expectations on the supervision of the integration of climate change risk scenarios by insurers in their Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
Bundesbank published two circulars on AnaCredit reporting requirements. Circular 27/2021 covers changes to the reporting of branches, additional attributes to be reported for investment funds from August 01, 2021, and updates to the list of international organizations.
EC published the Implementing Regulation 2021/622 that lays down implementing technical standards for reporting of the minimum requirement for own funds and eligible liabilities (MREL).
BCBS has set out the strategic work priorities, as part of its the work program for 2021-22.
PRA published the policy statement PS8/21, which contains the final supervisory statement SS3/21 on the PRA approach to supervision of the new and growing non-systemic banks in UK.