IFRS Foundation published its annual report and audited financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2018. The report details the performance during the year, along with priorities of IFRS for 2019 and beyond.
The report details the key priorities for 2019, including the following:
- To publish an exposure draft on proposed amendments to IFRS 17 on insurance contracts and continue supporting implementation of IFRS 17
- To issue amendments to IFRS 9 on financial instruments and IAS 39 on recognition and measurement of financial instruments in response to IBOR reform
- To commence outreach on the core model in the dynamic risk management project
- To use online and other platforms to deliver educational materials on IFRS standards and the IFRS taxonomy
- To maintain an effective IFRS Interpretations Committee
The key achievements in 2018 include the following:
- Issued the revised conceptual framework for financial reporting
- Made progress on the better communication in financial reporting projects—Primary Financial Statements, Disclosure Initiative, and the IFRS Taxonomy
- Added a project on interbank offered rate (IBOR) reform to the work plan
- Published an update to the IFRS taxonomy on IFRS 17 on insurance contracts
- Published an updated guide for preparers on using the IFRS taxonomy
Keywords: International, Accounting, Banking, Insurance, IFRS 9, IFRS 17, Annual Report, IBOR, IFRS Taxonomy, Insurance Contracts, Financial Instruments, IASB, IFRS
The Bank of England (BoE) published a consultation paper on approach to setting minimum requirement for own funds and eligible liabilities (MREL), an operational guide on executing bail-in, and a statement from the Deputy Governor Dave Ramsden.
The European Banking Authority (EBA) is seeking preliminary input on standardization of the proportionality assessment methodology for credit institutions and investment firms.
Certain regulatory authorities in the US are extending period for completion of the review of certain residential mortgage provisions and for publication of notice disclosing the determination of this review until December 20, 2021.
The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) published the policy statement PS18/21, which introduces an amendment in the definition of "higher paid material risk taker" in the Remuneration Part of the PRA Rulebook.
The European Banking Authority (EBA) published its annual report on asset encumbrance in banking sector.
The European Banking Authority (EBA) published a methodological guide to mystery shopping.
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) released a letter to authorized deposit-taking institutions to provide an update on key policy settings for the capital framework reforms, which will come into effect from January 01, 2023.
The Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures (CPMI) and the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) published a report that assesses the business continuity planning activities of financial market infrastructures or FMIs.
The Bank of England (BoE) published questions and answers (Q&A) on OSCA to BEEDS migration for statistical reporting as well a presentation from the project overview session held with statistical reporters.
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) is consulting on a technical amendment to the Basel Framework to reflect a new process reviewing the global systemically important bank (G-SIB) assessment methodology.