DNB issued the banking and insurance newsletters for March 2019. The banking newsletter informs that banks must use a renewed form in Digital Reporting Portal (Digitaal Loket Rapportages or DLR) as of June 30, 2019 for their quarterly reporting of interest rate risk to DNB. Additionally, the banking newsletter highlights that DNB organized its fourth Banking Seminar on March 11, 2019. The key topics covered in the seminar include digitization, risk management, and the resilience of the Banking Union.
The following are the additional key highlights of the newsletters:
- Update on the research conducted by DNB in the field of information security in 2018
- DNB will conduct follow-up research in 2019 to arrive at a supervisory approach that is in line with the possibilities and risks of insurtech
- Publication of a brochure about supervision of small and medium-size banks
- Recent relevant publications by ECB, EBA, EC, and other international forums
- Updated calendars for banks and insurers
- Banking Newsletter (in Dutch)
- Insurance Newsletter (in Dutch)
- Banking Calendar (PDF in English)
- Insurance Calendar (PDF in Dutch)
Keywords: Europe, Netherlands, Banking, Insurance, Newsletter, QIS Calender, IRRBB, Reporting, DNB
HKMA announced the publication of a report on fintech adoption and innovation in the banking industry in Hong Kong.
BIS published a working paper that examines the drivers of cyber risk, especially in context of the cloud services.
ECB launched consultation on a guide specifying how the Banking Supervision expects banks to consider climate-related and environmental risks in their governance and risk management frameworks and when formulating and implementing their business strategy.
ECB published an opinion (CON/2020/16) on amendments to the prudential framework in EU in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
EBA published a report that examines the interlinkages between recovery and resolution planning under the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD).
SRB published the final Minimum Requirements for Own Funds and Eligible Liabilities (MREL) policy under the Banking Package.
EIOPA published its risk dashboard based on Solvency II data from the fourth quarter of 2019.
MNB published a statement on loan payments post the announced moratorium, in addition to a set of new questions and answers (Q&A) on supervisory measures and requirements announced amid COVID-19 pandemic.
EBA updated the Single Rulebook question and answer (Q&A) tool for banks.
US Agencies (FDIC, FED, and OCC) published an interim final rule that temporarily revises the supplementary leverage ratio calculation for depository institutions.