FCA published the quarterly consultation paper CP18/6 on miscellaneous amendments proposed to the FCA Handbook. Comments are requested by April 03, 2018 for Chapter 2 and Chapter 4 of CP18/6, by April 13, 2018 for Chapter 5, and by May 03, 2018 for Chapter 3 of CP18/6.
FCA proposed the following changes:
- Changes to Prudential sourcebook for Investment Firms, IFPRU, 3.2 to ensure consistency of application and align with existing rules in IFPRU 11.6 (Chapter 2)
- Changes to IFPRU 11.5 to promote clarity for firms and groups within the scope of IFPRU 11 and ensure continued compliance with the Recovery and Resolution Directive (Chapter 2)
- Proposed transitional provision for the large exposures treatment of certain public sector exposures denominated in the domestic currency of any Member State under Regulation (EU) 2017/2395 (Chapter 2)
- Changes to regulatory reporting requirements in the Supervision manual (Chapter 3)
- Changes to FCA address in the Handbook in line with the upcoming move to Stratford (Chapter 2)
- Changes to Supervision manual to implement the EBA Guidelines on payment services under the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) and to implement the requirements of Regulation 98 of the Payment Services Regulations 2017 (Chapter 5)
- Amendments to Approach Document on “Payment Services and Electronic Money – Our Approach, the FCA’s role under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 and the Electronic Money Regulations 2011” (Chapter 5)
Comment Due Date: April 03, 2018 (Chapters 2 and 4); April 13, 2018 (Chapter 5); and May 03, 2018 (Chapter 3)
Keywords: Europe, UK, Banking, Recovery and Resolution Directive, PSD2, Handbook, CRD IV, FCA
Next ArticleEC Issues Regulation on MREL Requirements Under BRRD
MAS and Temasek jointly released a report to mark the successful conclusion of the fifth and final phase of Project Ubin, which focused on building a blockchain-based multi-currency payments network prototype.
EBA published phase 2 of the technical package on the reporting framework 2.10, providing the technical tools and specifications for implementation of EBA reporting requirements.
APRA updated the lists of the Direct to APRA (D2A) validation rules for authorized deposit-taking institutions, insurers, and superannuation entities.
PRA updated the statement that provides guidance to regulated firms on implementation of the EBA guidelines on reporting and disclosure of exposures subject to measures applied in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
EBA updated the 2019 list of closely correlated currencies that was originally published in December 2013.
FASB issued a proposed Accounting Standards Update that would grant insurance companies, adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, an additional year to implement the Accounting Standards Update No. 2018-12 on targeted improvements to accounting for long-duration insurance contracts, or LDTI (Topic 944).
APRA updated the regulatory approach for loans subject to repayment deferrals amid the COVID-19 crisis.
BCBS and FSB published a report on supervisory issues associated with benchmark transition.
IAIS published a report on supervisory issues associated with benchmark transition from an insurance perspective.
ESMA updated the reporting manual on the European Single Electronic Format (ESEF).