Documentation of the Banks' Integrated Reporting Dictionary (BIRD) Release 2.0 has been published. This release consists of a complete methodology used to describe the various datasets of the different layers (for example: Input Layer, Output Layer) in the BIRD. The transformation rules necessary to generate the covered regulatory frameworks will be added in the upcoming release 2.1.
BIRD Release 2.0 integrates the following reporting requirements:
- EBA Implementing Technical Standards with respect to FinRep requirements (version 2.7), implementing the CRD IV/CRR framework.
- Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of ECB on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions (AnaCredit Regulation)
- Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384. It concerns the collection of Statistics on Holdings of Securities (SHS).
The following are the key changes compared to the previous release:
- Enhanced dictionary functionalities (that is, improvements of the metadata methodology) that provide additional features for describing integrated data.
- Description of FinRep Templates (using both, the DPMs codification system as and the reference codification system) based on this methodology.
- New structure and content of the technical guidelines: It contains documentation with concrete examples to understand the methodology and the transformation rules, both in a general environment and with respect to specific frameworks.
- Entity relationship model visualization: on the sidebar you find a tab linking you to the BIRD’s Input Layer ERM as well as the dictionary’s underlying Information Model ERM. Both ERMs are interactive; double-clicking on an entity will link to the description of the entity.
- Dictionary navigator improvements: It provides different access points to the content of the dictionary.
In the future, new visualization tools will be provided for mappings, transformations, and hierarchies. Transformation rules will also be provided to derive FinRep Templates as well as AnaCredit and SHS, starting from the BIRD Input Layer.
Keywords: Europe, Banking, BIRD Database, Reporting, AnaCredit, SHS, FINREP, Statistics, BIRD
EBA finalized the guidelines on treatment of structural foreign-exchange (FX) positions under Article 352(2) of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).
FSB published a statement on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global benchmark transition.
IAIS published technical specifications, questionnaires, and templates for 2020 Insurance Capital Standard (ICS) and Aggregation Method data collections.
BIS announced that it will establish new Innovation Hub centers across Europe and in North America in cooperation with member central banks.
FED updated the reporting form for FR 2052a, which is used to monitor the overall liquidity profile of certain supervised institutions.
PRA published a statement that sets out its views on certain amendments made to Capital Requirements Regulations (CRR and CRR2) via EU Regulation 2020/873 (CRR "Quick Fix"), including some guidance for firms.
PRA is proposing (CP5/20) an approach for publication of Solvency II technical information after the end of the transition period for Brexit.
FASB announced that SEC has upgraded the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) system to Release 20.2.
The Climate Financial Risk Forum (CFRF), which is a joint climate risk forum of FCA and PRA, published a guide written by the industry for the industry to help firms approach and address climate-related financial risks.
IAIS published an application paper on liquidity risk management for insurers.