OCC issued the revised “Bank Supervision Process,” “Community Bank Supervision,” “Compliance Management Systems,” and “Large Bank Supervision” booklets of the Comptroller’s Handbook. In addition, OCC updated the “Federal Branches and Agencies Supervision” booklet. The revised and updated booklets replace the booklets of the same title previously issued and rescind certain publications.
The revisions or updates
- Clarify the applicability of each booklet to community, midsize, and large banks.
- Incorporate the revised Uniform Interagency Consumer Compliance Rating System.
- Add asset management core assessment guidance to the “Large Bank Supervision” booklet. Factors for assigning the trust component rating in the regulatory ratings core assessment are unchanged and examiners continue to use the Uniform Interagency Trust Rating System.
- Provide examiner guidance for assessing asset management and BSA/AML/Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) risks. Guidance for assessing the quantity of BSA/AML/OFAC risk is consistent with appendixes J and M of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council BSA/AML Examination Manual.
- Incorporate relevant aspects of the Dodd–Frank Act and reflect the integration of the former OTS into OCC.
- Explain the OCC’s bank supervision process using consistent terminology.
- clarify legal language and terminology regarding supervisory guidance and clarify the roles of the bank’s board of directors and management.
- Include revised concepts and references regarding third-party risk management; new, modified, or expanded bank products or services; and corporate and risk governance.
- Incorporate references to other relevant OCC issuances published since the last publication date of each of these booklets.
- Press Release
- Bank Supervision Process (PDF)
- Community Bank Supervision (PDF)
- Compliance Management Systems (PDF)
- Federal Branches and Agencies Supervision (PDF)
- Large Bank Supervision (PDF)
Keywords: Americas, US, Banking, Community Banks, Comptroller Handbook, Banking Supervision, OCC
Previous ArticleCentral Bank of Ireland Increases CCyB Rate on Irish Exposures
BCBS amended the guidelines on sound management of risks related to money laundering and financing of terrorism (ML/FT).
US Agencies (Farm Credit Administration, FDIC, FED, FHFA, and OCC) finalized changes to the swap margin rule to facilitate implementation of prudent risk management strategies at banks and other entities with significant swap activities.
PRA published a letter that builds on the expectations set out in the supervisory statement (SS3/19) on enhancing banks' and insurers' approaches to managing the financial risks from climate change.
EBA finalized the guidelines on treatment of structural foreign-exchange (FX) positions under Article 352(2) of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).
FSB published a statement on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global benchmark transition.
IAIS published the list of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs) publicly disclosed by group-wide supervisors.
FED has temporarily revised the reporting form on consolidated financial statements for holding companies (FR Y-9C; OMB No. 7100-0128).
EC launched a consultation on the review of the key elements of Solvency II Directive, with the comment period ending on October 21, 2020.
ECB launched a consultation on the guide that sets out supervisory approach to consolidation projects in the banking sector.
IAIS published technical specifications, questionnaires, and templates for 2020 Insurance Capital Standard (ICS) and Aggregation Method data collections.