PRA issued the policy statement PS21/18, which provides feedback to responses to the consultation paper CP11/18. CP11/18 had proposed changes to the file type and reporting format for a number of insurance reporting submissions, to align with Solvency II Quantitative Reporting Templates and international data standards. The consultation ran from April to June 2018.
PS21/18 contains the final policy of PRA, which is as follows:
- Amendments to the Reporting Part of the PRA Rulebook (Appendix 1). This instrument comes into force on December 31, 2018.
- Updated supervisory statement SS25/15 titled “Solvency II: regulatory reporting, internal model outputs” (Appendix 2). SS25/15 was updated to amend paragraph 2.1 to reflect that firms are expected to make submissions in XBRL format via the BoE’s Electronic Data Submission (BEEDS) portal. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
- Updated SS26/15 titled “Solvency II: ORSA and the ultimate time horizon – non-life firms” (Appendix 3). SS26/15 was updated to amend paragraph 1.7 (e) to reflect that firms are expected to submit information in XBRL format via BEEDS portal. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
- Updated SS7/17 on data collection of market risk sensitivities under Solvency II (Appendix 4). SS7/17 was updated to amend paragraph 4.3 to reflect that firms are expected to submit in XBRL format via BEEDS portal. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
- Updated SS15/16 related to monitoring model drift and standard formula solvency capital requirement (SCR) reporting for firms with an approved internal model (Appendix 5). SS15/16 was updated to amend paragraph 3.6 to reflect that PRA requests the information to be submitted fully in XBRL. This update will come into effect on December 31, 2018.
PRA had received one response to CP11/18. The feedback was generally supportive of the changes proposed, although it noted that firms should have sufficient time to update their software capabilities to enable submission via XBRL format.
Effective Date: December 31, 2018
Keywords: Europe, UK, Insurance, Solvency II, Reporting, PS21/18, BEEDS, PRA
Previous ArticleFED Proposes to Adopt ISO 20022 Format for Fedwire Funds Service
PRA published a statement that explains when to expect further information on the PRA approach to transposing the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD5), including its approach to revisions to the definition of capital for Pillar 2A.
SRB published the work program for 2021-2023, setting out a roadmap to further operationalize the Single Resolution Fund and to achieve robust resolvability of banks under its remit over the next three years.
EIOPA is consulting on the relevant ratios to be mandatorily disclosed by insurers and reinsurers falling within the scope of the Non-Financial Reporting Directive as well as on the methodologies to build these ratios.
US Agencies (FDIC, FED, and OCC) issued a joint statement encouraging banks to cease entering into new contracts that use USD LIBOR as a reference rate as soon as practicable and in any event by December 31, 2021, to facilitate an orderly LIBOR transition.
The Group of Central Bank Governors and Heads of Supervision (GHOS), the oversight body of BCBS, endorsed a coordinated approach to mitigate COVID-19 risks to the global banking system.
HM Treasury extended the consultation period on Phase II of the Future Regulatory Framework (FRF) Review, from January 19, 2021 to February 19, 2021.
ECB finalized guidance on the way it expects banks to prudently manage and transparently disclose climate and other environmental risks under the current prudential rules.
BCBS published a technical amendment to the capital treatment of securitizations of non-performing loans by banks.
PRA published the policy statement PS23/20 on the calculation of stressed value at risk (sVAR) and risks not in value at risk (RNIV) under the market risk framework.
BoE announced that the Data and Statistics Division is planning to move collection of statistical data to the BoE Electronic Data Submission (BEEDS) portal.