DNB issued the banking newsletter for February 2018. The key focus of this month’s issue included DNB banking seminar. The issue also focuses on the treatment of strategic risk in the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP). DNB uses the EBA guidelines for ICAAP and Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) when drawing up the Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP) for medium-size and small banks.
The other focus areas of the newsletter include the following:
- Review of the recovery plans for medium and small banks
- Application of proportionality in resolution planning.
- Recent developments about the introduction of the second Payment Services Directive (PSD2)
- Update on the survey on preparation of the fourth anti-money laundering directive
- Changes in banking supervision reports
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) warning lists with countries that have shortcomings in their system for combating money laundering and terrorist financing
- Updated Survey/QIS calendar for banks
Keywords: Europe, Netherlands, Banking, Newsletter, ICAAP, ILAAP, SREP, PSD2, Proportionality, QIS Calendar, DNB
FSB published the annual report that examines to-date progress toward implementation of climate-related disclosure recommendations of the industry-led Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
PRA launched a consultation (CP18/20) setting out proposals for the "Contractual Recognition of Bail-in" and "Stay in Resolution" Rules.
APRA is consulting on the reporting standard for credit risk management (ARS 220.0).
EC published draft of a delegated regulation amending liquidity coverage rules for covered bond issuers.
ESMA published an update to its March 2019 statement on the endorsement of credit ratings from UK.
FASB is consulting on the XBRL US Data Quality Committee (DQC) Rules Taxonomy (DQCRT) along with two technical guides.
PRA published Version 2 of the questions and answers (Q&A) on the Branch Return form.
FCA and PRA in the UK, FED in the US, and the authorities in Singapore have fined Goldman Sachs for risk management failures in connection with the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).
ISDA launched the IBOR Fallbacks Supplement and the IBOR Fallbacks Protocol, with both becoming effective on January 25, 2021.
BCBS announced that OSFI and the Bank of Canada hosted the 21st International Conference of Banking Supervisors (ICBS) virtually on October 19-22, 2020.