CBB released a quarterly update to the Rulebook Volume 1 for conventional banks and the Rulebook Volume 2 for Islamic banks. The key updates relate to Parts A and B of the Rulebooks. Banks must ensure that, where needed, appropriate action is taken to ensure full compliance. Banks that are not in full compliance must notify CBB with immediate effect and provide an action plan for compliance on a quarterly basis.
As part of this quarterly update, CBB has:
- Updated the modules on general requirements, financial crime, and operational risk management, under Part A of Rulebook Volumes 1 and 2
- Updated the module on high-level controls, under Part A of Rulebook Volume 2
- Deleted the definition on framework from the glossary (as used in the module on operational risk management), under Part B of the Rulebook Volumes 1 and 2
- Added supplementary information on capital adequacy, under Part B of the Rulebook Volumes 1 and 2
- Circular for Conventional Banks
- Circular for Islamic Banks
- Rulebook Volume 1 for Conventional Banks
- Rulebook Volume 2 for Islamic Banks
Keywords: Middle East and Africa, Bahrain, Banking, CBB Rulebook, Operational Risk, Regulatory Capital, Basel, Islamic Banking, CBB
Previous ArticleBundesbank Updates Validation Rules Manual for AnaCredit Reporting
FDIC is seeking comments on a rule to amend the interagency guidelines for real estate lending policies—also known as the Real Estate Lending Standards.
ISDA is consulting on the implementation of fallbacks for the sterling LIBOR ICE Swap Rate and for the USD LIBOR ICE Swap Rate.
BIS and BoE launched the BIS Innovation Hub Center in London, which is the fourth new Innovation Hub Centre to be opened in the past two years.
ESRB published recommendations on the reciprocation of macro-prudential measures in Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Norway, and Sweden.
SEC announced that the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs released the Spring 2021 Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions.
EC published the Delegated Regulation 2021/931, which supplements the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR or Regulation 575/2013) with regard to the regulatory technical standards specifying the method for identifying derivative transactions with one or more than one material risk driver.
BCBS is consulting on preliminary proposals for the prudential treatment of cryptoasset exposures of banks.
EBA issued a revised list of validation rules under the implementing technical standards on supervisory reporting.
BIS Innovation Hub, BDF, and SNB announced that, together with a private-sector consortium led by Accenture, they will conduct an experiment using wholesale central bank digital currency (wCBDC) for cross-border settlement.
ESAs published two amended implementing technical standards on the mapping of credit assessments of External Credit Assessment Institutions (ECAIs).