ECB published Release 5.0 of the Banks' Integrated Reporting Dictionary (BIRD) Database and the related technical guidelines. This release includes the updated version of the input layer that is needed for COREP credit risk, FINREP nonperforming loans, and securitization. A new release to be published in 2020 will include the validation and transformation language (VTL) related to these frameworks.
The BIRD Release 5.0 incorporates the following reporting requirements:
- EBA implementing technical standards on data requirements for resolution planning, implementing the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) and the Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation (SRMR)
- EBA technical standards on asset encumbrance data requirements under Article 100 of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR)
- EBA technical standards on FINREP requirements (updated to version 2.8), implementing the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV) and CRR
- Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of ECB on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions (AnaCredit Regulation)
- Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384, concerning statistics on holdings of securities (SHS)
Keywords: Europe, EU, Banking, Reporting, FINREP, AnaCredit, SHS, SRMR, Statistics, BIRD, BRRD, CRR/CRD, BIRD Release 5.0, COREP, Credit Risk, NPLs, Securitization, ECB
BIS and BoE launched the BIS Innovation Hub Center in London, which is the fourth new Innovation Hub Centre to be opened in the past two years.
ESRB published recommendations on the reciprocation of macro-prudential measures in Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Norway, and Sweden.
EC published the Delegated Regulation 2021/931, which supplements the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR or Regulation 575/2013) with regard to the regulatory technical standards specifying the method for identifying derivative transactions with one or more than one material risk driver.
BCBS is consulting on preliminary proposals for the prudential treatment of cryptoasset exposures of banks.
EBA issued a revised list of validation rules under the implementing technical standards on supervisory reporting.
BIS Innovation Hub, BDF, and SNB announced that, together with a private-sector consortium led by Accenture, they will conduct an experiment using wholesale central bank digital currency (wCBDC) for cross-border settlement.
ESAs published two amended implementing technical standards on the mapping of credit assessments of External Credit Assessment Institutions (ECAIs).
EBA published revised guidelines on major incident reporting under the Payment Service Directive (PSD2).
BCBS updated the year-end and annual average exchange rates in context of the global systemically important bank (G-SIB) assessment exercise.
HKMA issued a circular informing the industry about its intention to revise the target effective dates for the revised frameworks on credit risk, operational risk, output floor, leverage ratio, market risk, and credit valuation adjustment risk.