BaFin published its priorities on insurance supervision for 2018. The insurance supervisory authority sets its priorities annually for the effective and efficient use of resources, in particular in the interests of risk-oriented supervision.
The priorities for 2018 are as follows:
- Cyber security (for specific insurers)
- How Insurers (standard formula users) deal with the Economic Scenario Generators in measuring the technical provisions under solvency II
- Sustainability in the investment of insurers and pension funds
- Analysis of a possible "search for yield" behavior of pension funds when investing their investments
- Premiums, losses, and loss development in property and casualty insurance
- Claim provisions (for selected property and casualty insurers)
- Evaluation of Regular Supervisory Reporting
Related Link (in German): Press Release
Keywords: Europe, Germany, Insurance, Solvency II, Regular Supervisory Reporting, Cyber Risk, BaFin
RBNZ published the financial stability report for May 2020. This review of the financial system in the country highlights that the economic disruption associated with COVID-19 will present challenges to the financial system.
Financial policymakers and international standard-setters met virtually with private-sector executives to discuss international policy responses to COVID-19 pandemic.
HKMA is consulting on revisions to the Supervisory Policy Manual module CR-G-14 on margin and other risk mitigation standards for non-centrally cleared over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives transactions.
EBA published thematic note presenting a preliminary assessment of the impact of COVID-19 outbreak on the banking sector in EU.
HKMA published a circular, addressed to authorized institutions, on the application of the Basel Committee guidance on certain COVID-related measures.
PRA provided further information on the application of regulatory capital and IFRS 9 requirements to payment holidays granted or extended to address the challenges arising from COVID-19 outbreak.
PRA published final policy (in PS13/20) setting out the approach and expectations for authorization and supervision of insurance special purpose vehicles (ISPVs or insurance SPVs).
BoE published version 2.0.1 of the Capital+ XBRL Utility, along with the related release notes.
HKMA announced the publication of a report on fintech adoption and innovation in the banking industry in Hong Kong.
BIS published a working paper that examines the drivers of cyber risk, especially in context of the cloud services.