Find a Course Near You
Register for the Course
This two-day course reviews methods of establishing and working with value, both in general and in particular parts of the energy sector.
Valuation is an essential feature in the credit process for the financing of business acquisitions and asset purchases. However, it is also critical in areas, such as loan-to-value, collateral coverage, default prediction, recovery estimation, and many phases of workouts and bankruptcies.
This course examines these connections and reviews methods of establishing and working with value, both in general and in particular parts of the energy sector. The course is practical and job-oriented and draws on real life examples and cases.
- Perform various methods of valuing a company and its assets.
- Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of certain valuation methodologies.
- Understand the basic connection between a borrower's worth and the performance of its debt.
- Know how to apply particular valuation techniques to various areas of the energy sector.
- Comprehend the role of valuation in anticipating and dealing with financial distress.
- Have the ability to assess valuation reports prepared by others in lending situations.
- Financial, treasury, and other professionals in energy businesses
- Bond and stock investors
- Credit and equity analysts
- Private equity, insurance, and fund managers