Register for the Course
This one-day course teaches how to estimate recovery rates in the event of a default using the publicly available LGD methodology of our sister company, Moody's Investors Service.
This course provides an understanding of the publicly available LGD methodology of our sister company, Moody's Investors Service. The methodology gives a systematic framework for estimating recovery rates for different creditor classes across the capital structure of a firm in the event of default. Knowledge of this framework is key to understanding what determines the ratings that are assigned by Moody's Investors Service to individual debt instruments issued by speculative-grade rated issuers.
The course is part of a series on the methodologies and analytical techniques used by the corporate ratings analysts of Moody's Investors Service.
- Understand Moody's Investors Service expected loss rating framework and the rationale for introducing a methodology for deriving expected LGD estimates.
- Derive enterprise-wide probability of default (PD) ratings.
- Generate point estimates for instrument-level LGD rates.
- Derive issue ratings on the basis of LGD rates and corporate family PDs by using Moody's Investors Service LGD Analytics worksheet.
- Ratings advisors
- Debt originators
- Credit and fixed income analysts
- Credit risk professionals
- Basel II project managers