Register for the Course
This three-day course shows participants the framework and tools necessary to analyze the credit risk of insurance companies, utilizing the publicly available rating methodology of our sister company, Moody's Investors Service.
This three-day course covers an overview of the insurance industry, moving into financial statements and analysis and how operating environments, including regulations, affect insurers. Participants learn how Moody’s Investors Service analyzes insurance firms and assigns ratings, including an explanation of key ratios and analytical factors.
- Apply a structured framework to analyze life and non-life insurance companies.
- Identify and analyze key qualitative and quantitative risk factors.
- Assess, calculate, and interpret key ratios.
- Evaluate an insurer's strength based on its published financial information.
- Gauge credit risk and determine relative creditworthiness of insurance firms.
- Detect early warning signals of financial distress.
- Investors with exposures to, or dealings with, life and/or non-life insurance companies
- Insurance company executives
- Investment and commercial bankers
- Credit analysts
- Fixed-income professionals
- Bond analysts
- Corporate treasury staff
- Bank relationship managers