Register for the Course
This two-day course provides a foundation for analyzing banks in developed and emerging markets utilizing Moody's Bank Financial Strength Ratings.
This two-day course teaches participants the framework and tools needed to analyze bank credit risk, utilizing the publicly available credit rating methodology of our sister company, Moody's Investors Service. The course offers a combination of short presentations, discussions, exercises, and case studies.
- Use a structured framework for analyzing banking institutions.
- Identify and analyze key qualitative risk factors.
- Assess, calculate, and interpret key ratios.
- Evaluate a bank’s strength based on its published financial information.
- Apply Moody's Investors Service ratings tools and methodology to banks.
- Evaluate credit risk and determine relative creditworthiness.
- Understand the key elements of the shifting bank regulatory landscape.
- Investment and commercial bankers
- Credit and equity analysts
- Regulators and central bankers
- Fixed income professionals
- Bond researchers (both buy and sell sides)
- Corporate treasurers
- Correspondent banking officers
- Relationship managers involved in exposures to, or investments in, banks