Find a Course Near You
Register for the Course
This two-day course improves understanding and collaboration among key stakeholders in the risk management process.
This course helps improve understanding and foster influence and effective collaboration among key stakeholders in the risk management process. Participants learn how to explain to stakeholders complex concepts, including the definitions and measurements associated with various risks to which banks are exposed. Participants also learn to communicate the use of risk-adjusted return on capital (RAROC), its potential impact on the business, and related risk management strategies.
- Communicate the bank’s strategy as aligned to its risk appetite statement.
- Understand the impact of Basel and local regulations on the bank's strategy.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of risk management within the bank.
- Explain the various risks to which banks are exposed and how those risks are measured.
- Understand the basis of the regulatory capital charge.
- Communicate the use of RAROC in banks.
- Analyze the risks to which risk managers are exposed to in their daily activities and assess the interaction of different risks by product.
- Review a series of deals, analyzing the risks created and their implications for holistic risk management.
- Understand the perspective of different stakeholders in the risk management process and foster better risk-based communication.
- Risk managers
- Relationship managers
- Investment and commercial bankers
- Credit analysts
- Central bankers
- Fixed-income professionals
- Corporate treasurers
- Other financial professionals concerned with risk management