Find a Course Near You
Register for the Course
This four-day course provides an in-depth understanding of the analysis practices employed by Moody’s Investors Service to assess corporate credit risk.
This course is for experienced equity analysts whose roles have been expanded to include credit. It will also appeal to experienced credit professionals who would like a ratings perspective.
Using the publicly available rating process and methodologies, we cover the financial analysis practices and investor protection analysis employed by our sister company, Moody's Investors Service for assessing corporate credit risk. Using real-life examples, the course explores the debt structures and instruments employed by listed and private companies, and examines various causes and solutions for corporate distress.
- Calculate and interpret key adjustments and financial ratios used in the credit rating process.
- Apply appropriate key indicators to a selection of industries.
- Understand complex structures and structure risk.
- Notch debt tranches using the loss given default (LGD) methodology of our sister company, Moody's Investors Service
- Understand the causes of corporate distress.
- Anticipate non-credit factors that affect recovery.
- Equity analysts
- Experienced finance professionals who require corporate rating expertise