Register for the Course
Advanced Commercial Real Estate Analysis provides an overview of the CRE industry and a review of CRE valuation concepts and investment return analysis. We will also review mortgage concepts, debt capital markets, and explain construction lending and permanent financing for CRE properties. The program then dives into lease contracts, securitization, and other financing techniques. The course concludes with a discussion about current technology and the sharing economy, the impact of these two factors on property types, and the outlook on the future of the CRE industry and market. Case studies and group projects will be included throughout both days of the course.
- Discuss the scope of the commercial real estate (CRE) industry within the context of the overall economy.
- Summarize CRE valuation concepts and investment return analysis.
- Define CRE mortgage concepts, including financial ratios, and the use of those financial ratios in making prudent lending decisions.
- Discuss the current status of debt capital markets for CRE as well as the securitization markets and other financing techniques.
- Explain the differences between construction lending and permanent financing for CRE properties, including “take-out” loans, “mini-perms” and non-recourse loans.
- Interpret different lease types and contents including characteristics and legal aspects of leases as well as typical lease-related reserves.
- Understand the effects of current technology and the “sharing economy” on general property types.
- Discuss the future of the CRE industry and market and lessons learned from the past.
- CRE Analysts and underwriters
- Investment and commercial bankers
- Relationship managers
- CRE professionals