Advanced Bank Risk Analysis
Register for the Course
What is Advanced Bank Risk Analysis?
Advanced Bank Risk Analysis is a three-day course that provides you with a structured framework which supports a comprehensive analysis of bank risk profiles in both the developed and emerging markets. It builds on Fundamentals of Bank Credit Risk Analysis, although that course is not a prerequisite.
The course begins by introducing a quantitative and qualitative analytical framework and considers the various accounting rules and regulations specific to the sector. The course then dives into the bank operating environment, profitability measures, capital issues and notching. After examining credit, market, liquidity and management risks, it investigates real bank failures to uncover insights.
What skills will you gain by taking this course?
- Perform a detailed credit quality assessment of a bank
- Understand the market risk profile of banking and trading books, and assess materiality
- Perform a detailed capital adequacy assessment of a bank
- Understand the sources and risk to a bank’s profitability and its implications for future capitalization
- Assess the liquidity profile of a bank and judge the level of risk it creates
- Estimate the balance sheet in failure and the implications for the capital structure
Who should attend this course?
- Investment bankers, commercial bankers and credit risk management professionals
- Credit and equity analysts
- Regulators and central bankers
- Fixed income professionals
- Bond researchers (both buy and sell sides)
- Corporate treasurers
- Correspondent banking officers
- Relationship managers