Register for the Course
Credit Forecast Canada provides forward-looking insights into how economic conditions will affect Canadian consumer credit behaviour, by combining the unmatched strength of Equifax Canada’s consumer credit data with Moody’s Analytics economic modelling and forecasting expertise. By linking origination quality and performance metrics with underlying local economic drivers, our service produces unparalleled forecasts volume and quality under baseline and alternative scenarios.
- Coverage of auto, bankcard, mortgage and personal loans products.
- Forecasts of volume, final dispositions (default, prepayment) and active statuses (current, 30 DPD, 60 DPD, 90 DPD, 120+ DPD).
- Views by origination vintage, geography (national, provincial and CMAs), credit scores and financial institution type.
- Baseline forecast with documented methodology and alternative scenarios with written narratives.
- Monthly updated credit data sourced from Equifax’s proprietary Credit Trends attributes.
- Access to economists and credit analysts.
- Identify potential risks by score band, geography, product category and other key metrics.
- Evaluate origination opportunities through forecasts of markets and borrower segments.
- Inform strategic decisions and validate assumptions based on current and expected industry trends.
- Understand how regional economic conditions impact consumer behavior and performance.
- Assess your portfolio’s performance against the market or subgroups based on different cohorts.
- Benchmark results against stress testing and expected credit loss (CECL & IFRS 9) runs.
Through our unique service, lenders can significantly improve their decision making based on expected market and borrower performance trends relative to economic forecasts and historical data.
Calculate fast, accurate reserves for loan and lease losses with our cloud-based ALLL solution.
Automating the process of financial spreading and credit scoring increases loan application volume and helps lenders make better credit decisions.
Our commercial lending solutions are flexible and robust enough to support whatever loan structures, pricing, or conditions you require to reduce risk.
Proactively monitoring the financial health of borrowers and the risk level of your loan portfolio increases the profitability of your lending business.
Tap directly into comprehensive credit research from Moody's Analytics and our sister company, Moody's Investors Service, and gain detailed insights into our views on credit-related topics.
Moody’s Analytics delivers award-winning credit models and expert advisory services to provide you with best-in-class credit risk modeling solutions.
Moody's Analytics provides trusted macro and regional forecasts to help clients assess potential economic outcomes.
Moody's Analytics performance data solutions enable you to monitor your portfolio and confidently make decisions using reliable sources.
Moody’s Analytics industry-leading global data solutions help financial institutions improve their strategic planning and capital and risk management practices.
Moody’s Analytics helps financial institutions develop collaborative, auditable, repeatable, and transparent stress testing programs to meet regulatory demands.