Register for the Course
Moody's Analytics forecasts of Case-Shiller Home Price Indexes provide forward-looking insight on the performance of home prices under baseline and stressed scenarios. Accounting for future economic conditions helps banks, government-sponsored entities, and other lenders effectively manage risk and opportunities in their residential portfolios.
- Quantitative econometric model to identify long-term equilibrium on house prices, plus short-term cyclical factors such as unemployment and mortgage rate changes.
- Extensive coverage of the US, including all census regions and divisions, states, and metropolitan areas, as well as 400+ counties and 6,000+ zip codes.
- Detailed coverage of more than 1,800 economic variables at the macro and regional level.
- Monthly updated forecasts and standard alternative scenarios, with a 30-year forecast horizon.
- Regulatory scenarios available as an add-on.
- Conduct more localized and precise analyses by using forecasts based on the repeat-sales methodology developed by Karl Case and Robert Shiller.
- Leverage insight to identify market opportunities, target growth areas, and adjust customer retention and marketing programs.
- Determine the impact of real estate market downturns by stress testing the performance of your portfolio under stressed scenarios.
- Calculate capital allocations to better determine management actions and distributions.
Case-Shiller Home Price Index Forecasts is backed by economists with extensive experience in forecasting business cycles and formulating credible stress scenarios. We offer a quantitative, transparent, and documented methodology for incorporating economic factors into housing price forecasts.
Moody's Analytics provides trusted macro and regional forecasts to help clients assess potential economic outcomes.
Moody's Analytics performance data solutions enable you to monitor your portfolio and confidently make decisions using reliable sources.
Moody’s Analytics industry-leading global data solutions help financial institutions improve their strategic planning and capital and risk management practices.