Register for the Course
Research and analyze banks, for counterparty credit risk and portfolio analysis
BankFocus combines renowned content from Moody’s Analytics and Moody’s Investors Service. The result is a banking database that you can use to identify, analyze, and monitor bank performance. BankFocus offers you a range of access and analysis options including a contemporary interface and integrated workflow solutions.
BankFocus data and functionality provides clarity and efficiency
Search for banks globally, using consistent financial criteria, geographic location or corporate information. You can rank and monitor relevant financial and risk metrics for your portfolio banks, create multiple portfolios and switch between them easily. Dashboards also show you relevant news, M&A activity, ratings announcements and research.
With detailed financials for around 46,600 banks, BankFocus offers financial statements for more banks than any other solution. The number of years available varies between regions and templates. Most banks have at least seven years of history; some have thirty.
BankFocus offers detailed, standardized reports and ratios for around 46,600 banks across the globe. For these banks, you can access Global Detailed Format for standardized data for detailed like-for-like analysis, and ‘as reported’ data for greater transparency into the financials.
We also publish a global database of entity information – Orbis. This means we can provide additional group content, including ownership structures.
BankFocus has extensive reporting and data visualization capabilities, including Ownership Explorer, which helps you easily manipulate data to understand the ownership of a bank, either in detail or as an overview. In addition to data visualization, BankFocus offers several standard reports, and the capability to build a report for any bank with just the information you need.
Get data feeds via a REST API or a custom flat file to integrate BankFocus data into your existing models, credit rating, and workflow tools.
Financial Spreading – transfer financial information from a borrower or counterparty into its own or standardized financial spreadsheet so you can analyze its financial position. Risk Grading – calculate a probability of default using your chosen financial ratios and variables.
Other complementary information on banks
- Filterable bank news from a range of sources, including NewsEdge™, Reuters, Informa, SyndiGate and Orbis M&A
- Unique ID numbers, including LEI (legal entity identifier), Swift Code, Ticker, ISIN Number, CIK Number, GIIN, National ID, Orbis ID, assist with your entity matching
- Extensive library of original annual and interim reports for around 46,300 banks
- Anti-money-laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) documents, such as AML and KYC policies, articles of association, banking licenses, certificates of incorporation, extracts from commercial registers, lists of regulated financial institutions per regulator within each country, US Patriot Act certification, help minimize reputation damage and risk exposure
- Bank bond and loan data helps you analyze and compare banks’ debt structure
- Country profiles show key macroeconomic indicators for each country