In this session, our experts discuss the significant challenges facing actuaries and accountants tasked with selecting and implementing the discount curve methodology for their organizations.
Key topics include:
- What IFRS 17 requires insurers to do when building discount curves to value future cash flows under IFRS 17
- The methodology and practical challenges insurers face when choosing an approach
- The modeling options insurers can consider when constructing discount curves for IFRS 17, and trends developing in the market
- What to consider when implementing the discount curve approach for IFRS 17
- How Moody’s Analytics Discount Curve Service for IFRS 17 can help insurers meet the challenges, accelerate implementation, and production timelines