Negative Interest Rates: Origins and Implications
Register for the Course
What is Negative Interest Rates: Origins and Implications?
A world where negative interest rates are the norm is new terrain, and many investors and advisors are uncertain of the effect. Will negative rates have the intended policy impact of spurring lending and reinvigorating economic growth? Has the policy distorted financial markets with an unorthodox approach to dealing with negative rates? This course is designed to answer these and other questions.
What will you learn by taking this course?
- Discuss the fiscal policy programs created during the 2008 global financial crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Describe the two primary tools of monetary policy
- Describe some of the main events in the history of U.S. monetary policy since World War II
- Explain the impacts that quantitative easing has had on the U.S. and other economies since first being implemented in 2008
- Discuss the magnitude of quantitative easing measures undertaken by other major central banks
- Describe Modern Monetary Theory
- Describe negative interest rates
- Discuss the size of the negative-yield bond market
- Explain the methods used in traditional portfolio management
- Describe the major risks of negative interest rates for portfolio management
With Moody’s Analytics eLearning:
- You will remain engaged in training, thanks to our interactive lessons and quizzes
- You elevate your professional currency by completing a course from a globally recognized leader in the financial institutions training space
- You develop skills you can immediately apply on the job, instantly transforming your performance