Foundations of Banking
Register for the Course
What is Foundations of Banking?
To maximize their performance, it is essential that banking professionals understand their role, the bank’s role in society and the economy, and the ins and outs of banking as a business. How does a bank operate? How do its products deliver value – and create risk?
Foundations of Banking answers these and other questions, providing participants with an overview of the banking industry as it examines how a bank earns money while managing risk, how banking products, services, and delivery channels are evolving, and how regulations aim to improve bank soundness and safety.
This course comprises three modules, each with a pre-test and post-test, and includes a set of resources that can be used during training and on the job.
What will you learn by taking this course?
- Explain the societal and economic roles that banks play.
- Identify the different types of banks and the functions of typical business units.
- Discuss various banking products, services, and channels, and describe how they are evolving in response to changing consumer and business needs.
- Discuss integrity, ethics, and biases and apply these concepts to common banking situations.
- Recognize the importance of a bank’s compliance function.
- Discuss various compliance requirements and describe the role that regulators play.
With Moody’s Analytics eLearning:
- You will remain engaged in training, thanks to our interactive, multimedia lessons and quizzes
- You elevate your professional currency by completing a course from a globally recognized leader in the credit training space
- You develop skills you can immediately apply on the job, instantly transforming your performance