Register for the Course
The course explains commonly employed fraudulent accounting practices, such as inappropriate revenue and expense recognition methods, and introduces basic techniques for adjusting the balance sheet and income statement to more accurately reflect the company’s financial condition.
Real-world examples of companies that have been prosecuted for financial accounting fraud are woven throughout. Participants also have an opportunity to review the financial statements of a fictitious company to detect and calculate the impact of incorrect accounting treatments.
- Identify client behaviors that may indicate an intent to mislead the lender.
- Identify the ways in which a client may manipulate its financial accounting in order to misrepresent the business’s financial condition.
- Review the notes to the financial statements for clues to unusual or suspicious accounting practices.
- Recognize the steps to take when suspicious behaviors or accounting practices are identified.
- Make simple adjustments to a business’s balance sheet and income statement to reverse the effect of incorrect accounting treatments and render a truer picture of the business’s financial condition.
- You will remain engaged in training, thanks to our interactive, multimedia lessons and quizzes
- You elevate your professional currency by completing a course from a globally recognized leader in the credit training space
- You develop skills you can immediately apply on the job, instantly transforming your performance