Financial Accounting for Lenders
Register for the Course
What is Financial Accounting for Lenders?
Financial Accounting for Lenders explores fundamental accrual accounting and cash flow concepts from the commercial or corporate lender’s perspective. It is ideal for anyone seeking to build their knowledge of business financial statements from the ground up.
This comprehensive eLearning course explores the components of a complete set of financial statements, examines the ways in which a business’s operating cycle is represented in its financial statements, and explains how to use the statement of cash flows—as well as cash-tracing techniques—to identify cash sources and uses as a basis for cash flow analysis.
What will you learn by taking this course?
- Identify the components of a complete set of financial statements
- Evaluate the reliability of a set of financial statements based on the accountant’s opinion
- Recognize how common business transactions impact a business’s assets, liabilities and equity on the balance sheet, and income and expenses on the income statement
- Identify information within the notes to the financial statement that is relevant to the loan analysis
- Explain how a business’s operating cycle and capital investment cycle impact its cash flow, and how this information is reflected in the statement of cash flows
- Recognize the complex accounting treatments and business activities common among public companies
With Moody's Analytics eLearning:
- You have direct access to a lending expert via our unique Email a Mentor feature
- You can download a comprehensive Reference Guide, replete with job aids and tools that you can use on the job
- You elevate your professional currency by completing a course from a globally recognized leader in the credit training space