Consumer Lending: U.S. Edition
Register for the Course
Build an understanding of consumer credit, from application to documentation
What is Consumer Lending: U.S. Edition?
Consumer Lending: U.S. Edition is a comprehensive course that teaches both customer-facing staff and underwriters a systematic approach for evaluating requests for secured, unsecured, and home equity loans.
Participants learn how to determine whether a request is within policy and reasonable, evaluate the borrower’s income, use personal tax returns to verify income from nonsalary sources, and structure sound, properly documented loans that include the appropriate security.
Consumer Lending Regulations is also available to participants enrolled in Consumer Lending: U.S. Edition at no additional charge. This optional, two-module add-on provides an overview of the legislation that impacts the U.S. consumer lending process. (Note that Consumer Lending Regulations is designed to supplement, not replace, formal compliance training.)
What will you learn by taking this course?
- Identify and gather the documentation needed to assess a consumer credit request
- Evaluate a borrower’s credit history and repayment capacity
- Verify a borrower’s income using tax returns and other sources of information
- Select the best type of consumer credit for the request
- Identify potential risks to repayment
- Identify the appropriate collateral to secure the loan
- Properly document various types of loans, including home equity, vehicle, boat and savings-secured loans
With Moody’s Analytics eLearning:
- You have direct access to a lending expert via our unique Email a Mentor feature
- You can download a comprehensive Reference Guide, replete with job aids and tools that you can use on the job
- You elevate your professional currency by completing a course from a globally recognized leader in the credit training space