Register for the Course
Commercial Lending provides an understanding of businesses and their borrowing needs. This 30-35 hour eLearning course provides a framework for how to undertake robust credit risk assessments, make good credit decisions, and structure loans. It is on the path to the Certificate in Commercial Credit.
- Assess the financial condition and trends of commercial and industrial enterprises.
- Calculate and interpret liquidity, solvency, and debt service coverage ratios to identify critical credit risk factors.
- Interpret and analyze company cash flow to assess debt service capacity.
- Meaningfully forecast company financial results to determine a range of likely future outcomes.
- Evaluate marketplace and competitive risks that could impact financial performance.
- Assess the entity’s management integrity, skill set and corporate governance.
- Mitigate risk by selecting the right loan type, properly structuring the loan, and ensuring collateral/guarantees are in place.
- Make sound, defensible lending decisions.
- You gain in-depth understanding of credit theory and sector-specific factors from our relevant and current content.
- You concentrate your studies on the areas where you have knowledge gaps, through our pre-course diagnostics and comprehension checks.
- You can configure the course to "test out" and accelerate through based on your diagnostic scores.
- You optimize your learning time through our engaging, industry-leading online programs with interactive, multi-media lessons, which feature videos and quizzes.
- You build your confidence by practicing complex concepts, applying new credit skills and demonstrating mastery with a robust simulation based on a real lending scenario.
- You demonstrate your mastery of the concepts by completing a final examination.
- Program sponsors can monitor participation, assess performance, and access critical detail to support measuring ROI.