Register for the Course
Best practices for credit risk assessment and loan structuring
Business Lending teaches business bankers, lenders, analysts, and underwriters how to use the Decision Strategy™ to analyze lending opportunities with closely held businesses.
It begins by examining the asset conversion cycle and the different ways it unfolds at manufacturing, wholesaling, retail, and service businesses. Participants then explore potential borrowing causes, and learn how to identify and evaluate industry, business, and management risks. Their evaluation of a business’s financial condition incorporates both business and personal financial statements and tax returns, and focuses on the relationship between a business’s finances and the owner’s personal finances.
Finally, the course explores loan structuring techniques, including the use of collateral, guarantees, loan subordination, and covenants to mitigate risk.
- Follow an efficient and systematic decision-making process.
- Identify and assess industry, business, and management strengths and risks.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of management’s strategies to preserve the business’s strengths and mitigate the impact of risks.
- Assess a business’s financial condition by identifying trends and evaluating the quality of historical cash flow.
- Evaluate the link between a business’s finance and its owners’ personal finances.
- Recognize how the economic and industry trends and management strategies are likely to impact future cash flow.
- Identify the appropriate structure and support for a loan.
- You have direct access to a lending expert via our unique Email a Mentor feature
- You can download a comprehensive Reference Guide, replete with job aids and tools that you can use on the job
- You develop skills you can immediately apply on the job, instantly transforming your performance